Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

Install Directory

Greetings All, 

I unfortunately did not catch the install directory (or options) for the install of FS2020, so of course it installed by default to C:.  I'd like to put this on my SSD, but i'm reading conflicting ways of doing so.  Some users claim there is a "Move" button within Apps & Features, yet some say uninstall then reinstall.  

I cannot find a "move" button within Apps & Features.  Secondly, I tried uninstalling FS2020 through Steam and it took forever.  I finally gave up, rebooted and found that FS2020 was still on C:\ and never uninstalled.  

Apologize, if this has been asked recently. 

Any suggestions?

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

I believe the move button wouldn't be available for the Steam version, only when bought from the Xbox app. Uninstalling through Steam should work but given the size it might well be one of those to start before bed and leave it overnight before trying to reinstall again.

This might be able to help you move a Steam game, although i'm not sure if it's different for MSFS due to the way it hides some files.  https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/

Anyone know how FS2020 could be re-installed from your current PC to a different new gaming PC in the future, either MS or Steam?

2 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

Anyone know how FS2020 could be re-installed from your current PC to a different new gaming PC in the future, either MS or Steam?

Do you mean in a future when you might have a load of third party stuff installed? Or just a clean copy of FS2020?

For MS or Steam with a clean copy, just log in and download to the new computer. For third party stuff it would be probably a case doing the same to install a new copy on the new computer, then transferring your Community folder to the new system.

I mean a clean install to a new PC (that I probably will buy after the New Year).  I guess any new D/L, and re-install is tied into someone's personal account with Microsoft?   

I'm sure I'm not alone wondering about this future possibility...

11 hours ago, DPSimulation said:

I believe the move button wouldn't be available for the Steam version, only when bought from the Xbox app. Uninstalling through Steam should work but given the size it might well be one of those to start before bed and leave it overnight before trying to reinstall again.

This might be able to help you move a Steam game, although i'm not sure if it's different for MSFS due to the way it hides some files.  https://www.howtogeek.com/269515/how-to-move-a-steam-game-to-another-drive-without-re-downloading-it/

Thanks, I'm able to move the relevant the FS2020 Steam files, but all of the "guts" are on the C:\ spinning disk.  I think i'll just need to uninstall when i go to sleep!

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg