Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbofly

If you do not have FSX yet, please read.

Hi all, hopefully I can help some of you out before you get FSX. I see an increasing number of posts from people saying that they've been burned because they spent 70 bucks on FSX and it doesn't perform and so on. I'm not sure of the MS refund policy, but I do know there is refund policy, so I sincerely hope those folks can get there money back since it's not really fair to them to be out 70 dollars when they're not happy with their purchase.For those of you who have not yet purchased FSX, please try the demo available here: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul.../downloads.htmlAfter trying the demo, if it runs well and you like all the new features and graphics and what not (by the way it's up to you what you do or do not like), then you'll probably enjoy the full version. After trying the demo, if you feel that FSX does not meet your expectations based on your own criteria of what you were looking for, then DO NOT get the new sim. This will help in a few ways, first, it will eliminate a whole lot of useless threads about how FSX sucks (hopefully), and will also save YOU, the end user, the headaches and frustrations associated with purchasing something you don't like.I hope this helps some folks. I really should have posted this much earlier, because this is what aided me in my decision of whether or not to purchase FSX. I really enjoyed the demo, so I bought the full version, and I'm not dissapointed.Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>I hope this helps some folks. I really should have posted>this much earlier, because this is what aided me in my>decision of whether or not to purchase FSX. I really enjoyed>the demo, so I bought the full version, and I'm not>dissapointed.>To be blunt...If someone took my FSX away, I'd probably bag simming! :-hahI'm running it tonight inbetween handing out trick or treats. The more I use it, the more I like it!L.Adamson FSX, FS9, X-Plane V8

Guest djbowler

The demo is not an accurate representation of how FSX will run on your computer because the demo is mostly water. So, umm, I would take the demo performance with a grain of salt.

>>The demo is not an accurate representation of how FSX will run on your computer because the demo is mostly water. So, umm, I would take the demo performance with a grain of salt.<

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest BOPrey

The only thing the demo does not let the prospects to test are those custom autogens - big cities, and suburbs.

Guest rmce

Ditto!I am really starting to enjoy this. Default A321 is best default since I started this daft hobby with C-64! Real off the rails, puke bag sensation of flight.Chasing elephants in Kenya, what a great silly wee mission!How often have we laughed aloud at a Fs thing, its really fun stuff.Sorry, are we meant to be having fun?? Going by the amount of angst in this forum, I wonder if 'fun' is allowed.Just finished Shannon to Halifax in A321, now heading across USA anticipating new things to see, and possible new takes on old favs. I was very happy to see my home town Glasgow, Scotland, actually having landmarks seen for the first time without adding anything extra.So FSX is here, I am using it, and seriously considering taking Fs9 to its sim resting place....back up HD!regards,

Guest FxF3

Most of us that are willing to at least try have found FSX to be a very enjoyable Sim. Like the O.P. said if its not working for you go to that link and let this FSX fourm get back to normal. With helping and getting our new Sim working to its best.

Guest Jimbofly

Whilst I agree for the most part the demo does not do the sim justice. I'm absolutely loving the sim and for the first time I feel I have an authentic soaring simulator and a great helicopter sim, as well as improved physics all-round.Also, the missions in the retail version can't be beat.James