Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Is There Anything That Can Be Done With The Detailed Cities?

Except in the detailed cities (also detailed airports) I can run FSX now between 15 - 30 fps with fairly dense autogen and scenery complexity. My system is P4 3.2 ghz HT, 2 gb dual path RAM, 6800 GT 256 mb with a lot of the suggested tweaks implemented including reduced sized textures. But I've noticed that in detailed cities no amount of tweaks so far or adjusting sliders brings the fps higher than single digit. Tokyo is one of the worst. So there is something else, probably the detailed buildings and other objects for one thing.Is anyone working on a solution for these? Can anything be done? I don't have the knowledge to do it but maybe someone else does.Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They should be selectable / able to turn off the addon scenery objects - buildings - in the Scenery Library - though you will have to do it by region.I have no clue what they will look like with that scenery disabled.You could also try renaming individual .BGL files to .BGL.ORIG so they would not load.?:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSceneryASIAscenerytokyo.bgl - is 16.6MB in size and might also include the Narita Airport.