Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

FSX kneeboard is a step backwards...

I certainly hope that some resourceful 3rd party developercomes up with a utility to replace the FSX kneeboard in orderrestore the flexibility that was part of FS9. Mainly theability to browse, both locally and on the internet, whileflying, from within the kneeboard.Another shortcoming is that although the FSX kneeboard willload an HTM formatted document ( checklist, reference, etc ) justfine, it only loads that one file. It does not allow any "href= " tags within the document to function. Thus any multi-HTM file checklists or documents are pretty much useless now unless one wishes to concatenate the files intoone large document and view it in a linear fashion such asthe current kneeboard_keys.htm file. In looking about for info on this topic I ran across an olf threadwhere it was stated that because of the new bells and whistles inFSX that the old browser-capable kneeboard was replaced with thestatic, unmodifiable, fairly useless one we have now.So much for progress...If anyone knows of an addon that will allow access to web siteswhile still in FSX I would appreciate a pointer to the source. Paulto

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, I remember that old thread from tdragger, though I forget the reason why they had to drop browsing, if he even gave that at all. I wonder if it was a security issue (similar to why they have to sign .dlls now)Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180