Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

Xfer fs9.1 -> FSX is the method for now

Hello,I am getting a lot happier with my FSX setup. I have FS9.1 on a D drive and FSX on a C drive. It seems that addon providers are rushing to get Transfer programs instead of installers. SO far, I have obtained:1. Carenado2. GOFLIGHT - actually a "linking" program3. Ultimate Terrain for USA, Canada and EuropeI guess I had better keep all of my FS9.1 addons "on-line" until the new installers come out. I did get the F1-172R installer for FSX and it worked fine. So did the MYTraffic except it had some "manual intervention" in the install. Also downloaded and installed FSGENESIS for FSX and that also worked fine.Other attemps (other than Carenado and PMDG 1900's) have a lot of "reinstall" problems in FSX.For now, I have a pretty good FSX setup. Performance stays in the middle "teens" (pegged at 20FPS) except at really high density airports. System is an AMD 64 3500+ with 1 gig of RAM and two NVIDIA 6800's in SLI mode. I also got the most recent NVIDIA drivers and unlike some other posters - mine works great.Anyway, it seems with patience, we may get to a FSX system that is at least close to my "beloved" FS9.1 setup - I do miss ACT Camera and RC4 for now.Cheers,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!