Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Recent CTDs possible cause?

Having played with this sim for over four weeks with no problems I recently experienced CTDs when trying to load UK airports. These problems lasted for two days then mysteriosly solved themselves. I have just noticed the latest "known issues" on the MSFS site which might explain why:

Crash when flying some parts of France and Northern Europe

• Workaround: Deactivate Bing Data World Graphics 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

I just noticed a similar issue with certain airports/regions in the US as well.  Haven't been able to load KSBA, KBUR in California and KORL in Florida.  Northeast seems to be OK.  Will give this a try.

UPDATE - sadly, this did not solve the problem I'm having. CTD right after starting the flight - this time in KMRY.

Edited by richbonneau
Update ---

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

1 hour ago, richbonneau said:

I just noticed a similar issue with certain airports/regions in the US as well.  Haven't been able to load KSBA, KBUR in California and KORL in Florida.  Northeast seems to be OK.  Will give this a try.

UPDATE - sadly, this did not solve the problem I'm having. CTD right after starting the flight - this time in KMRY.

There seem to be a multitude of problems and a multitude of fixes depending on each cause. It seems a shame that there are no fully explanatory crash reports to help us, the current ones are just too vague to be of much help.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

It appears that the cause for me was running the beta Navigraph data.  I uninstalled that and the crashes disappeared.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case