Sign in to follow this  
OldArchie

An unusual(?) problem...

I hope someone can offer assistance. MSFS 2020 loads fine, I can tailor a flight through the world map, I can fly, no issue so far... However, every time I try and go into the options - general tab to change graphic options, it is an immediate CTD, every, single, time. I have reinstalled the software three times, no change. The only way I can manipulate the settings is by using the GeForce Experience app (which does work) but that only allows me to change the general graphics settings. I logged a bug issue with ZenDesk over two weeks ago, no reply. I bought a new system to run this - i7 10700k, 2070 RTX, 32GB ram - and all my other games run perfectly well, except this. It is doing my head in as I have no access to change any of the cloud powered graphic settings (Bing data, photogrammetry options etc etc.). I have the latest drivers, I have ensured the Microsoft store has updated everything - basically I have attempted every CTD fix that the net has offered over the past few weeks to no avail. You are my only hope Obi-Wan...

Thanks in advance!

Old Archie

have you tried running in a window and then accessing the graphics.

this is a weird issue, no one else seems to have that one..

ofcourse there is always the option to change stuff via the cfg files, but thats cumbersome.

hope someone else can offer a solution, or hint at a cause.

you checked, no weird other apps running?

15 hours ago, wim123 said:

have you tried running in a window and then accessing the graphics.

this is a weird issue, no one else seems to have that one..

ofcourse there is always the option to change stuff via the cfg files, but thats cumbersome.

hope someone else can offer a solution, or hint at a cause.

you checked, no weird other apps running?

Hi Wim,

Thank you for the response. No weird apps running in the background. I'll try to change to a window through the user.cfg and see if that makes a difference. 

I have a gut feeling that it is not MSFS itself, but some other weird thing going on with my system and the software. Resolution and Hz setting of my display maybe? I really don't know.