Sign in to follow this  
freddy_

LorbyLiveTraffic: Random helis appearing at deleted spots

I am using "LorbyLiveTraffic_3_01_b19_Install_P3D_V4", to produce random AI helicopters (just helicopters only) in Prepar3D v4.5 with HF3.

I recently installed FSDG's Paro Airport.

Previously I had a customized AFCAD file for Paro.  The customized AFCAD had a helipad and a heli start position on that pad.  Before installing FSDG's Paro, LorbyLiveTraffic would generate random AI helicopters on that pad.

After installing FSDG's Paro, I removed the customized Paro AFCAD file by deleting it completely out of the P3D Addon Scenery folder where it resided.

The geographical location of FSDG's Paro airport in the simulator is more accurate than the location of the airport in the customized AFCAD.  In other words, the FSDG Paro and the location of it's runway and buildings is different from where they were in the customized AFCAD file.  I hope the second screenshot overelay below shows what I mean.

Despite me removing (deleting) the customized Paro AFCAD file, I am still getting random AI helicopters generated and appearing on the exact spot where the helipad and a heli start position would have been in that AFCAD file.

How can that be?

I have double-checked there are no other Paro AFCADs in any of the scenery folders, and a scan was also done to find duplicated AFCADs, which didn't find any.

LLTX-Heli.jpg

LLTX-Paro-2.jpg

Edited by freddy_

Regards,

Freddy

20 minutes ago, freddy_ said:

How can that be?

Did you re-scan your scenery library in LLTX too? Click on the little globe at the top.

Or did you create a virtual helipad that only exists in LLTX? 

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks for the quick response.

Ahh.  As soon as I read your response, I went straight for the manual.  It says "You will have to update the runway data to reflect your own local scenery library every time you install a new airport or remove an existing one".

Oops.  No, I did not rescan the scenery library.

The new helipads I created in the FSDG scenery are virtual helipads (there are two). I merely created them in the FSDG scenery and expected them to work, and the old helipad from the old AFCAD to no longer work (because I had removed/deleted the AFCAD). The helipad in the old AFCAD file was an actual helipad with a set heli start position.

No doubt the rescan will obviously be my issue!  I feel silly for not realizing something so obvious (to be honest, I simply forgot I had to do that).

I will do the rescan right now. If there are further issues, I'll be sure to post here again.

Thanks!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

P.S.  Thankyou for this wonderful freeware product.  With "HeliTraffic2009" not working in P3D, I am loving the fact that LorbyLiveTraffic fills that gap and provides the ability to have AI helicopters in the P3D simulator.

Edited by freddy_

Regards,

Freddy