Sign in to follow this  
rjsagel

CS757 for FSX - Too Bad!

Hello,I had the CaptainSim 757 for FS9 and had removed it from my FS9 (using the PSS version). When I saw an update to FSX (freebie) for the bird I downloaded it and tried it. From my previous post here today, you can read how I used the PMDG "updates" to improve my FSX performance. The CS 757 almost brings my system to a halt - FPS of under 5 at the gate and worse for the VC. After takeoff (from a modest airport) the FPS only get to about 5 - too jerky to fly. In flight, I loaded my other FPS "Hog" (Eaglesoft Liberty) - runs at about 17FPS in the same scenerio. Oh well - too bad for now.The only good news is that it looks great in FSX! - maybe a future update will improve the FPS.Cheers,Ron Sagel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello again,To get a little more info I set up a start at KCHS (my home)- Gate B2I started at noon I set all display options to DEFAULTS - totally barren sceneryI loaded the following: 1. The default 172 gets FPS of 14 out of 15 for the VC and 14 out of 15 for the 2D 2. My Eaglesoft Liberty gets 14 out of 15 FPS for both 3. The CS 757 gets 9 out of 15 for the VC and 5 out of 15 for the 2DMy conclusion - even at defaults it is unusable.System used is an AMD64 3500+, 1gig of RAM, 2 NVIDIA 6800 (SLI), FSgenesis FSX meshCheers guys,Ron Sagel