Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Strange Logbook Entry

1 hour ago, Wblackret said:

The only time I get this type of log entry is when I land and do not seem to get to the appropriate parking spot, usually met by a push back vehicle and a Marshall. Once the marshals direct me in and I pull the mixture it goes directly to the logbook entry showing a complete flight. It’s difficult at night though. I choose not to use the blue taxi path indicators, they are just large and at times irrational. At my home airport (KAGC), it set a taxi path to GA parking that is absurd to say the least. Should also include that the logbook entry occurs if you crash. My experience anyway.

I've found out you can use the smart cam to guide you to your "assigned" parking spot.  As you come up on taxiway intersections, hold the smart cam button and it will start to "look" in the direction you are to turn until you get to your spot.  Sort of a non-intrusive way to use the taxi guidance.

• Like 2

My logbook has been broken since patch#3. It doesn't record anything or records at random or records flight partially.

Shame, because it used to work fine for the first month after release then Asobo broke it.

Well. Yesterday for the first time, when I parked and shut down after landing, I was presented with a horizontal popup window acknowledging my flight and landing. Even had the airport right. Previously I have need to go to the main menu and into profile to see results from a flight.  Oddly enough, I fought a very stiff quartering crosswind and my landing was far from perfect.  I needed to back taxi to get to the ramp.  I spotted the tug and ramp personnel, as I usually do, and pulled up and parked at a 90° angle to where I should have parked.  Was just taking it for granted that the logbook would show I landed in the vicinity of somewhere else....   

Go figure.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere