Sign in to follow this  
Steve Cannell

PMDG Site -> FSX Tuning Document Here

Hello,This really helped me a lot:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/FSX_FPS_GuideI used it to set up my FSX from scratch (again!) and I got a lot of enhancement. FPS are better but what is really obvious on my system is the "recovery" rate from FPS dips. I tried three flights at KSEA and, while my initial FPS is about 9 - it gets better very quickly. I flew a lot over the city and it was really a lot better for me. One flight was the default 172, one was the F1-172 and one was my new SR22 (FSX) version from Eaglesoft. The SR22 is a bit more demanding but my flights were really very good.Hope this helps someone,Cheers,Ron SagelAMD 64-3500+ 1 gig of ram and two NVIDIA 6800's in SLI mode with the most current handlers.

Guest ThrottleUp

Thanks for posting this :)Added to bookmarks!!

Hello again,I just did the longest and best flight so far with my FSX - after applying all of the tune-ups. I flew the Eaglesoft Liberty (FSX) a real FPS hog on my "untuned" system - from KSEA to Portland. I flew it in real-time with real weather. The mountain scenery was very good and the landing - all IFR down to about 400 ft was very "trying" (difficult). I flew it all in VC except for the very last bit of the approach. The VC is a little lacking in definition when the ceiling is that low. Also, my 2D never vanished during the entire flight (maybe because I updated the NVIDIA drivers)- I would look at it often to see if it was there.Anyway - I'm a lot happier with this FSX now than I was yesterday,CheersRon Sagel