Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

flightport freeware C206 turbine starting

I have the "Cessna U206G Soloy Mark 1 V3.0" by flightport installed in P3D v4

Does anyone here who has this aircraft know if there is a trick to starting the engine?

Fuel is on, power switch is set to ground, I turn on the battery and the starter, I hear the starter sound, the oil pressure comes up and the N1 comes up to about 11, but the engine doesn't start. the starter sound just keeps looping.  I did run the installer for XML tools per the link in the readme also to no avail.
Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
It doesn't even start with ctrl+e.

There is a L VAC R light on if that means anything.
Also I got a "flying tip" pop up saying fuel is critically low in selected tank. But the gauges show full and when I go to the fuel and payload screen it all shows full.... mysterious.

If anyone knows how I might be able to get this working it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Caleb

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

1 hour ago, caleb1 said:

the starter sound just keeps looping.  

Try fuel cut off toggle switch to flight. ( also the throttle toggle switch as well before take off) The toggle switches are located just below Autopilot  (White)

not got it installed at the moment due to a reinstall.

regards bob

Edited by onebob

40 minutes ago, onebob said:

Try fuel cut off toggle switch to flight. ( also the throttle toggle switch as well before take off) The toggle switches are located just below Autopilot  (White)

not got it installed at the moment due to a reinstall.

regards bob

Thanks, I tried that.

I ended up getting it to work by moving the fuel selector around.  It was on both to begin with, but I had to drag it around for the first startup to get it to work.  Now it works fine.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

45 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

Now it works fine.

Glad you got it sorted, Toggle switch from Fuel/GND to Flight at 13% n1 is the start method.

Good choice of freeware, even better as the configuration set up caters for :-

Default Garmin GNS 530/430

F1 GTN 650/750

KLN90B

F1 G500/600

and a RXP GNS 530/430 or a F1 GNS 530/430 with , however these two are noted to require a panel modification.

bob

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, onebob said:

Toggle switch from Fuel/GND to Flight at 13% n1 is the start method

Are you referring to the switch at the base of the throttle?

When starting the Pilatus PC12, the procedure is throttle at cut the whole time, mixture (condition ) lever at cut, starter on, 13 NG (N1) put the condition lever up to a ground position.

I noticed this model doesn't have a mixture/condition lever in the cockpit (or at least that I have found).... BUT the funny thing is my mixture lever on my saitek quadrant does have an effect...

So I'm wondering is this incorporated in the throttle switch or am I missing something?

Caleb Byers

3 hours ago, caleb1 said:

On 10/10/2020 at 10:04 PM, onebob said:

Toggle switch from Fuel/GND to Flight at 13% n1 is the start method

Are you referring to the switch at the base of the throttle?

When starting the Pilatus PC12, the procedure is throttle at cut the whole time, mixture (condition ) lever at cut, starter on, 13 NG (N1) put the condition lever up to a ground position.

I noticed this model doesn't have a mixture/condition lever in the cockpit (or at least that I have found).... BUT the funny thing is my mixture lever on my saitek quadrant does have an effect...

So I'm wondering is this incorporated in the throttle switch or am I missing something?

not at my computer at the moment , both toggle switches are describe in the manual,

bob

OsFh2fr.png

the white toggle fuel cut-off switch is just above the propeller control, mouse click to switch it from fuel/gnd to flight

QC7Nuhe.png

Edited by onebob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, onebob said:

not at my computer at the moment , both toggle switches are describe in the manual,

bob

OsFh2fr.png

the white toggle fuel cut-off switch is just above the propeller control, mouse click to switch it from fuel/gnd to flight

QC7Nuhe.png

Ok, thanks, I must have missed that switch.

I'll take a look next time I fly it.

Thanks.

Caleb Byers