Sign in to follow this  
LarryD

Change weather = Change time?

I'd like someone to check something out please.

Start a new flight from the main menu, select flight conditions from the main menu, and select LIVE.  Now Fly.

When on the runway, select the weather menu from top and note the time.  It should be the current time.  Now select any other weather preset, and watch the time.  Does it change away from LIVE time for you?

Mine always changes from the current accurate live time to 9:22PM (UTC).  Always.  Doesn't matter what airport I start from.  Nothing is in my community folder.  

Would like to know if this is an issue on the release, or perhaps I am missing a setting somewhere or made a change.

Thanks!

I've seen this before. I have no idea if it's an issue or not, but I do know I was playing with this trying to figure out what REX's Weather Force program was doing. Ultimately, I learned that going "live" on all options made the default weather much more realistic, and that's what I've been doing since.

It'll be interesting to see what tomorrow's patch brings.

Mark Lam

Maybe it's related to the thunderstorms that many people are experiencing when they use live weather.