Sign in to follow this  
Guest thedoggg

Installing FSX with 4 Monitors

I have FS9 installed on a ADM Dual Core with two Graphic cards. One serves a Matrox triple Head2Go with 3 Monitors for display of the scenery, the second displays the 2D panel on a third monitor. In FS9 it's easy to distribute the windows to the respective monitors but with FSX I can't separate the display windows and everything has to stay on one monitor. Is there a solution for this admittedly rare problem?

Hello,I have less monitors and I do not have the same configuration but I have NO problem to undock windows to an other monitor.Undocking is only needed in window mode, not in full screen mode.Same resolution in video cards and in FS X?

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Hi Guys, I have 3 montiors but only run perpherial programs on the other screens. I might add the 3 monitors are shared between 2 comps which are lan'd together. What performance hit do you see with the triple head? I am concidering adding another monitor to my one system and using the triple head!Ta Daren

Guest thedoggg

I have the Triple head to go and works great for FS9 and FS10. It has no hit on FPS but the high resolution will bring down frames a bit depending on your video card. Still I get around 20 fps over land in FSX, 50 to 60 out in the boonies or over water and around 8-10 in New York with some stutters. I do have some sliders turned down like water 1xH, traffic 20%, cars/boats 5%, autogen sparse, scenery complexity dense. This is at 3840 x 1024 3 19" monitors. Remenber, when using such high resolutions the video card is very important. FS9 I have locked at 28 FPS and goes down to 15 or so at complex airports with lots of AI and PMDG/LDS/PSS/DF/CS/F1. Definitely worth the money as it is very immersive.System as it is today:AMD Athlon 64 3700+Asus A8N sli deluxe Mobo2 gigs Corsair ramBFG 7900GTX 512MB (single card no sli)2 Maxtor ATA 133 hard drives (120gig and 300 gig)Thermaltake Tsunami case.Ultra 500 watt power supplyPlextor 708A DVD driveMatrox triplehead to go3 Samsung Syncmaster 939B 19" monitorsSaitek X52 Flight control system (joystik and throttle)CH rudder pedals2 other (older) computers as part of a home networkCarlos

Thanks for all replies. After assurance that it could be done, I found the solution for my system: FSX didn't change the video card entrance in the FSX.cfg according to my selection in the properties window even though the correct possibilities to choose from were given. After I did this manually I am able to use the monitors on the other video card with triple Head2Go too but I must say I get depressingly low FPS in comparison with FS9 when I use the full possibilites of FSX and I even did mot install one of my myriads of AI planes. When I reduce textur-size and pull a lot of sliders more to the left I get between 20-30 FPS but then FS9 is a lot more beautiful to look at and there I've got maximum AI traffic and Utlimate Europe and and and.... I think FSX has to wait on the shelves with my software-collection for some years for a better computer to be affordable and I'll stay with FS9.x(