Sign in to follow this  
Roger_Roger

Unable To Make Saitek Switch Panel Work

Help Please!

I am doing a new install of P3dv5 on a new PC with Windows 10 64bit.  I have discarded FSX and P3DV4 (which were working OK).

I have installed scenery and PMDG 737NGXu plus of course all the default aircraft.  I have installed FSUIPC6 and LINDA 3.2.6 and I believe have followed all rthe guidance in Scot Flieger's accompanying manual.

No matter what I do I cannot get the Saitek Switch Panel to work although the Gear Down/Up lever did work for a while.  Meanwhile, the Boeing MCP II panel woirks perfectly.  This is the case with both the default aircraft and the PMDG 737.

LINDA recognises the Switch Panel and all the assigned parameters and highlights each when switches are operated.

I have poured over this for nearly three days now including re-installs and trying various combinations including both LUA and GUI options.

I know you will need more information which I can provide of course.  Given rthat LINDA works very well Saitek Panels and with most users I must be doing something basically wrong but I can't see it

Be grateful for some guidance

Thanks - Roger

Hi Roger

sorry to hear about your problems. Make sure you have no other Saitek software installed (eg. SpadNxt). Have you ticked the Saitek Panels checkbox under Setup LINDA  

please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis procedure and email me your logs together with the config-hid.lua for Linda/aircrafts/FSX Default and any other aircraft.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Further to my previous, please check that you have turned off USB power management for any Saitek panels. They draw a lot of current and Win10 will try to save power otherwise. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew

thanks for your response. Frustrated with this one,

I will assemble information and send, confirm  checkbox is ticked and no other Saitek software installed.

is your email address evident  in the Fault Diagnosis section?

Rgds - Roger

It is - Linda @ awginfosys.net

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew

Update - I assembled and posted information as requested to you on Friday last by email - not sure if you have received it?  Further update - Yesterday (Sunday 18th) I tried P3DV5 with both the Saitek Switch panel and the Saitek Multi Panel.  Astonishingley the Multi Panel worked correctlywith no further input from me (as does the VRI MCP II when fitted) so I  am even more baffled.

Just to confirm I have re-set the Windows 10 USB Power Managenent to 'disabled' and tried the Saitek switch panel in various USB slots. The 'three greens' illuminate but no functionality from any of the switches, mag switch or U/C lever

Let me know if you need any further information

Roger

Hi Roger

I received your email and the files thank you. I am pleased to hear you have things working. The reason that the Switch Panel does not appear to work with the default and 737NGX is that no functions are assigned to the switches.

You need to do this yourself. For each switch you need to assign the appropriate _on and _off functions respectively to the ON and OFF positions. For example, Battery_on and Battery_off functions to the BAT switch.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew

Thanks for this info and the guidance - I'm sure  previous instances of LINDA came with this pre-loaded. Anyway - NP!

I'll get the assisnments done and let you know.

Meanwhile, thanks for the support - as always much appreciated

Roger

While the Multi and Radio Panels are hard coded, the Switch Panel has no default configuration so that new LINDA updates do not overwrite user setups. Users may have different setups for different aircraft using functions from that aircraft's module.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Andrew

Thank you again - the penny has dropped, the light has come on! I am now allocating functionality to default and specific aircraft and not surprisingly it works! I should have taken more notice of the second paragraph on page 4 of the guide.

Anyway - thanks again

Roger

Edited by ScotFlieger