Sign in to follow this  
rksoftware

Lack of SDK SimConnect fixes

Here we go again.

After 2 months after the initial WIP release of MSFS, the SDK/SimConnect has almost none fixes.

This is the only real fix since release date:

• SimConnect
    • Fixed SimConnect_RequestFacilitiesList.

and it is not even working correctly after the fix:(

With this speed in SDK/SimConnect fixes, MSFS will need to keep the MSFS 2020 in live for at least 15 years.

7 minutes ago, rksoftware said:

Here we go again.

After 2 months after the initial WIP release of MSFS, the SDK/SimConnect has almost none fixes.

This is the only real fix since release date:

• SimConnect
    • Fixed SimConnect_RequestFacilitiesList.

and it is not even working correctly after the fix:(

With this speed in SDK/SimConnect fixes, MSFS will need to keep the MSFS 2020 in live for at least 15 years.

Yep, they need to get on the ball. 

Just curious though, how was the FSX or P3D 3rd party integration 10+ years ago when it was first released? P3DV1, was that a masterpiece?  V2?  V3?  

Why did it take the major add-on dev's years to actually develop native P3D products, according to your logic it should have been ready day 1 yet dev's like PMDG and FSL took YEARS and didn't even run reliably until P3D introduced 64 bit.    

Why is P3D's current "upgrade" STILL  breaking add-ons from the generation before?  How many times did we live with "well we will have to wait for the developer to update it to the latest version" 

I'm just genuinely curious why people were SOOOOO tolerant of P3D giving it basically 5+ years to mature, holy cow how many CTD threads are there on P3D.  It took LM probably 6+ years until a 64 bit release to even run high end add-ons without OOM errors which BTW are now GDI errors with VRAM in V5, EA is completely buggy, yet their expectations of MSFS are so intolerant and everything should just work...   Did people genuinely forget what a cluster FS9-FSX- FSX-SE- P3D V1, V2, V3 really was?  Do they forget that currently people are STILL trying to figure out P3D V4.5 or 5.0 or wait for "another" hotfix to fix 5.0 10 years on??? 

I just don't understand the hypocrisy and double standards comparing P3D TODAY which is still full of it's own issues and built on legacy code after 10+ years and thousands of $$$ in add-ons to a vanilla sim 60 days in...  

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

This is from a current post in the P3D forums, So honestly, "this" is acceptable to people on a 10 year old sim but not having a fully working SDK 60 days in is not?  Seriously?  Where is the outrage?  

Does not P3D V5 have live weather ?

By XXXXX  13 hours ago in The Prepar3d Forum

Posted 13 hours ago

At least I can't find any setting to load and use real time weather like I can in FSX (although that don't work now for reason I don't understand) and in XP11.

I have Active Sky Next for P3D but that version is not compatible with P3D V5. So for now live weather not possible unlike the other sims, or ?

With P3D live weather has always been through 3rd party like Active Sky. And amazingly you just missed an upgrade Window on the 15th for persons to upgrade to the current beta for V5.

Posted 6 hours ago (edited)

13 hours ago, XXXXX said:

At least I can't find any setting to load and use real time weather like I can in FSX (although that don't work now for reason I don't understand) and in XP11.

I have Active Sky Next for P3D but that version is not compatible with P3D V5. So for now live weather not possible unlike the other sims, or ?

Edited 6 hours ago by XXXXXXX

If you're in desperate need of a free live weather engine, try out P3DWX. I used this before ASP3D was released and it worked quite well in v5 although I will say the clouds and winds aloft are a little bit funky in P3DWX. It also does not have any sort of weather radar integration with aircraft, so the WX mode on the NDs won't work.

Unfortunately unless if you owned ASP4 (which is ActiveSky for P3Dv3 and P3Dv4) you cannot get ASP3D at the moment as it's currently in open beta for previous ASP4 owners. And I believe that this promotional already ended 6 days ago anyways. 

You're just going to have to wait for ASP3D to release, because as of now, unless if you upgraded from your ASP4 purchase, I don't think you can buy ASP3D. So yes, technically there is no ActiveSky for P3Dv5. P3DWX is the only option for those who were not able to upgrade from a previous AS purchase.

13 hours ago, XXXX said:

So for now live weather not possible unlike the other sims, or ?

FYI...If you are looking for a P3Dv5 weather engine available today you could also try Opus since you missed out on the Open beta for ASP3D (this closed on 10th October). P3Dv5 is supported officially.

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi.htm

Alternatively as the others mentioned wait for the Beta version of Active Sky to be officially released.But it will likely cost you some money. 

Perhaps HiFi will offer an upgrade promotion for previous customers that missed the registration window for the Open Beta.

So yeah, maybe it's time to take off those Rose colored P3D glasses, come to terms that it has had its own issues for years, continues to have its own issues and your expectations of a 60 day old product when LM hasn't been able to get it right and is still breaking things after 10+ years are unrealistic.    If MSFS doesn't offer what we want we can all go back to P3D but to stand in the P3D house and throw stones at the MSFS house is indeed throwing rocks from a glass house... 

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg