Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Neofly mission generator question

Greetings! I've been trying this little freeware app, and I have a question: 

The red dots on the left of the mission listings are indicative of whether or not your plane is capable of doing the mission. But often the green dot missions require me to carry more load than the plane is capable of. I cant see a way to split a mission up, or am I just missing something? Do the green and red dots mean something else?

XIvOHfa.png

S6kGf10.png

As you can see, I cant get the mission to start because the payload and pax are showing red. Not sure what to do?

Edit: I see that Neofly expect the C172 with g1000 to carry 854 lbs for this mission, and thinks that is ok (green dot in the mission generator), but the max cap in game is actually only 699lbs. If there is no way to split up a mission, the green dots are often wrong, and you actually need a different plane to fly that mission. Is this a correct understanding?

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

You have 2 issues the number of passengers for the mission, 4, exceeds the planes capacity and the payload is different from the mission total. That said, you need to choose missions that meet your planes capabilities.   

I believe you cannot do this mission with the C172. It requires 4 pax but you only have room for 2 (3 if one of them sits in front with you).

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

The red and green dots in the mission list indicate whether you are ranked high enough to fly the mission (hover over them and it'll show you that). It has nothing to do with the aircraft; it's up to you to select a plane that can carry the load and enough fuel. I don't think you can split a mission up since it won't even let you fly the mission with a partial load. I hope that ability is coming, along with the ability to take multiple loads in one go.