Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cougar2002

3DS Max and FSX

Guest Cougar2002

HiHaving waited patiently for FSX to come along i was pleased to see that Micro$oft had included a 3DS Max export suite (a few dll's). A much improved idea over the very buggy and badly written gmax they shipped with FS9.... Or so I thought!!To my dismay, the .dll's are written for 3DS Max 7 which my be all well and good, but when you have access to 3DS Max 9 which has tonnes of more capability than version 7 its more than a little disappointment to find you cant model fr your favourite flight sim.Was wondering if anyone knew of any updates which would allow me to model like i got used to do with FS9.

Aces uses Max7, so of course the tools are written for what they use. FWIW though, the tools work just fine for Max8 as well.The GMax toolset and final Modeling SDKs are still undergoing final testing, and will hopefully be released before the end of the month.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Cougar2002

I do hope the final modelling tools work for Max 9 and that this Gmax version works better.Hope it gets approved and delivered fairly quickly, itching to remodel my structures!!