Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

Disappearing clouds?

It seems that every time I first "touch" or enter the beginning of a cloud, it just pops away. There is hardly any flying through a nice cumulus cloud (not that real pilots like to!). But it shouldn't just disappear suddenly, as opposed to FS9 where you went through the heart of the thing.Seems I saw listed a place where specific feedback can be sent to the MS team.

tell_fs@microsoft.comAnd yes I have noticed this a few times.[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="2" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1][td width=500]Jason[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][/b]

Yup, happens all the time and it's pretty annoying. The clouds are clipping off too early. Was probably some optimization they made to increase fps and no one noticed this side effect, though I can't imagine how they didn't. I saw it happen in the demo and emailed them about it.I can confirm that it's definitely FS's own issue, not driver related. Happens on both ATIs and Nvidia. If some intrepid ATI user wants to get into the bowels of Tray Tools and turn off the raster guard band, that might help. Curious to know if it would. I'll have to see if I can get DXtweaker to help it at all.As for punching through a cumulus cloud in real life? Love doing it. Eerily quiet, nice realization of just how fast you're going, and usually a nice gentle bump on the way in and out, a greeting as it were. ;)

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest flight

Also, it seems to me that fs2002 was the last FS that in "camera view" you could actually watch your plane slowly fade out of view as it was engulfed either by clouds or fog. In FS9 and now FSX it seems that in tower view or any camera view the aircraft stays visible at all times whether slipping up into an overcast sky, or moving through dense fog. Is it that difficult to program those graphical qualities into the sim?