Sign in to follow this  
Jude Pearce

GTN states 'rebooting' and never turns on

Hi,

I've read all the pages I could possibly find on the forums describing the same issues I'm having and none of the solutions have worked. When I load into the Simulator, the GTN650 is Dark Grey and it says 'Rebooting'. It does nothing with power, or without it. I've read all forums with the same and similar issues and the solutions don't seem to work for me. I had the same issue last night, after consistently restarting the sim It eventually worked. I logged back on this morning and had the same issue, I did some re-installing and tried to diagnose it for about 2 hours but no luck. I used to use the GNS430 RXP a couple months back, but have just re-installed X-Plane 11 again with only the GTN 650.  I currently have the latest fully working Garmin Trainer Software, and the RXP GTN 650 Installed. Any help would be appreciated, I'd like to apolgise for making another topic, but I've been staring at the other ones for what feels like an eternity but with no luck.

Thanks,

https://imgur.com/a/aO3IkFr

Hi,

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files? (see user's manual for file/path)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks very much for the quick response!

rxpGtnSim.dll.log

20/10/27 17:08:56.807 10224 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.27.0
20/10/27 17:08:56.806 10224 INFO ]
20/10/27 17:10:13.449 10224 INFO ] GTN 650.1 - TRAINER 6624
20/10/27 17:36:20.312 16328 INFO ] GTN 650.1 host application exited unexpectedly.
20/10/27 17:36:25.320 16328 INFO ] self-terminating orphaned GTN 650.1

rxpGTN.xpl.log

20/10/27 17:08:54.390 10224 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.27.0
20/10/27 17:08:54.390 10224 INFO ]

Cheers,

Can you confirm your anti-virus program has not quarantined any 'rxp' file?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I use the Standard Windows Defender, Windows 10 anti-virus. I've checked quarantined apps and block history as stated in the user manual. I've also tried re-installation with the Anti-Virus switched off and then launching it. Still no luck. Nothing quarantined.

Edited by Jude Pearce

Can you please confirm:

Are you running XP11.50?

Are you running it in Vulkan?

You do have reinstalled the GTN 650 with the e-commerce installer using your F1 credentials?

The GTN 650 used to work on your system with XP11 before?

1 - I'm using 11.50.
2 - I'm using Vulkan.
3 - The GTN Is fully installed and licenced with my credentials.
4 - Yes, the GTN650 worked just last night when I was using it. However, my last succesful flight with it I had to reboot the sim about 5 times before it worked. I've had no luck doing that today.

This is peculiar. Are you using any 'tool' like process lasso?

Have you cross checked you've configured Windows to run the trainer on your discrete GPU in case you have both discrete (NVidia/AMD) and embedded (in the Intel CPU)? If you're in this case please review the RXP User's Manual troubleshooting section for this topic.

You might want to also manually edit the RealityXP.GTN.ini file in notepad and add the following:

[GTN_650_1]
LogTrainer = 5
DebugValue = 1

Next time you run XP11 the GTN log files shall have more details about what is going on.

Edited by RXP

Tried the discrete GPU stuff from the manual. No luck. I do not use any tools like that, no.

Do I just add that text to the bottom of the RealityXP.GTN.ini file?

Not to the bottom. Please look what the two lines are preceded with in my example then find the same line in your file.

Ok I have added what you said following the [GTN_650_1] However, I don't think the logs are updating.

rxpGtnSim.dll.log

20/10/27 17:08:56.807 10224 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.27.0
20/10/27 17:08:56.806 10224 INFO ]
20/10/27 17:10:13.449 10224 INFO ] GTN 650.1 - TRAINER 6624
20/10/27 17:36:20.312 16328 INFO ] GTN 650.1 host application exited unexpectedly.
20/10/27 17:36:25.320 16328 INFO ] self-terminating orphaned GTN 650.1

rxpGTNxpl.log

20/10/27 17:08:54.390 10224 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.27.0
20/10/27 17:08:54.390 10224 INFO ]

Thanks for your patience and quick replies.

There is definitely something peculiar because at the very least the first few lines should tell something about the location of the trainer when using LogTrainer = 5

Are you sure you're editing the RealityXP.GTN.ini file in the correct aircraft folder?

Yes I was. Unfortunately I’m away until Saturday so won’t be able to do any more diagnosis until then. I will have a think until then and get back to this thread when I’m home. Thanks for your help so far.

I got back this morning and tested the GTN 650. I booted the PC on, opened Active Sky and X-Plane and started the plane with the GTN 650. Upon loading in it said booting for about 2 seconds and loaded, working fine for the moment. Weird as I tried several reboots on Tuesday. Will add anything else in this forum if I have anymore issues, thanks.

Thank you for the follow up. In case, please don't forget to add the aforementioned lines in the .ini file found in the aircraft folder you are flying so that it can trace additional information in the log file if needed.