Sign in to follow this  
SparkerInVR

First yoke test in X-Plane 11.50r3 Windows in VR

I did about 6 or 8 circuits at KERI in X-Plane 11.50r3 Windows using the default Cessna 172 with the REP expansion pack.

First couple of landing were quite hard getting used to the increased throw of the yoke and not flaring enough. They continued to improve as I learned how far to pull the yoke back.

This was while using the Valve Index with its touch controllers that were on my hands at all times. I have been waiting for some time to be able to do this test and it has exceeded my expectations. It took a little bit of time to get the virtual cockpit adjusted where I can touch every switch without hitting the yoke.

A very happy Bill

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

4 minutes ago, sparker256 said:

I did about 6 or 8 circuits at KERI in X-Plane 11.50r3 Windows using the default Cessna 172 with the REP expansion pack.

First couple of landing were quite hard getting used to the increased throw of the yoke and not flaring enough. They continued to improve as I learned how far to pull the yoke back.

This was while using the Valve Index with its touch controllers that were on my hands at all times. I have been waiting for some time to be able to do this test and it has exceeded my expectations. It took a little bit of time to get the virtual cockpit adjusted where I can touch every switch without hitting the yoke.

A very happy Bill

Great news. I was wondering about how to combine a Yoke with VR controllers. In a perfect world we wouldn't need to wear VR controllers, but we're not there yet.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

That is good to hear, I love it when people are enjoying the yoke!

I have had a few great flights in X-plane from EGCB and true earth that feel exactly like when I do circuits in a warrior there.