Sign in to follow this  
aatd

MSFS and GoFlight -- Best Current Solution?

This is a question on behalf of the subset of us who have a range of Goflight modules and want to fly MSFS 2020 with the least amount of custom set-up work-arounds.  

What are the comparative pros/cons of using the current FSUIPC7 versus the current Pollypot GIT?  Is there a functionality loss with either (both)?  Will the LED displays (eg., radio and multi-panel) work with either?  

Obviously, it would be good to hear from Goflight Inc itself, but thus far they seem to have gone radio silent -- unless I've missed their statements.  Please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Thank you for any/all practical advice you can provide,

Brian

FWIW, I posted some time ago what has been working flawlessly...for me and a friend of mine: I have a shortcut on the desktop to the file 'GFDevFSXSE.exe' from the GoFlight folder. I just double click after initializing MFS and all of the modules function. MCP PRO, LGT, 3 PBs, 1 switch, and GF46 . Others I know of have tried this and get an error of some sort <shrug> but it's worth a try. I have no explanation for it other than its been working ever since I thought to try it, lol.

Good luck,

Greg     

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Hello Greg,

Sorry for the stupid questions...

- When initially setting up the devices in the Goflight config tool, which sim platform are you selecting (prepar3d, fsx, etc.)?  And;

- When you say you double click the Goflght program after you initialize MSFS, am I right to understand this means you first start-up the sim, and once you are in the welcome page, you launch the Goflight driver tool?

Thank you,

Brian