Sign in to follow this  
jfwharton

DA62 procedure turn issues

I recently purchased the Carenado da62.  Was initially disappointed in the G1000 not being able to load or save flight plans but I finally accepted that.  However I have noticed an issue with the G1000 and have reported it to Carenado but wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue.  It is only happens with procedure turns.  I have attached a screenshot to show the issue.  The aircraft is headed toward the falia fix.  The holding patters ( or what should be a holding pattern ) is depicted to the right of the course.  But the holding pattern is not depicted as a race track as it should be.  I have no idea what to call the shape other than really messed up.  So my aircraft hits the fix and then follows the lower arc doing a 180 degree right turn.  I thought Huh?  After the turn it then did a 180 degree left turn and headed for the upper right point of the funny shaped holding pattern.  Once it reached that it did a left hand turn to intercept the inbound course.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous/i-vGNRZCV/0/41a652ab/X3/BZN Approach-X3.jpg

So it does complete the approach but the procedure turn is just really messed up.  Does anyone else who has this aircraft have this same experience?