Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

Clouds are very pixelated and grainy - Asobo listen please

1 hour ago, Pat_vpdc said:

The only thing that worked to get rid of the shimmering grainy, pixelated textures of the clouds was to disable the sharpen filter and film grain but the one that made the biggest difference for me so far.... disable ray tracing in the same user folder as the other two. Setting ray tracing to 0 made a huge difference for me. Try it for yourself if not satisfied seemed to solve my problems

At what cost to other graphics though?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

13 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

At what cost to other graphics though?

If your referring to the ray tracing I didn’t see any difference with my other graphics. Just the shawdows on the clouds didn’t have the shimmering grainy texture to them. With the sharping turned off it does soften the textures and that’s more of a personal preference for sure

3 hours ago, Pat_vpdc said:

If your referring to the ray tracing I didn’t see any difference with my other graphics. Just the shawdows on the clouds didn’t have the shimmering grainy texture to them. With the sharping turned off it does soften the textures and that’s more of a personal preference for sure

which folder/file/edits exactly?  thanks 🙂

20 minutes ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

which folder/file/edits exactly?  thanks 🙂

It’s in the usercfg file that is referred earlier in the tread. I think someone posted the exact location. But in that file there is a ray tracing option. And you just need to change the 1 to a 0 and that is what made a huge difference  for me. Give it a try and hopefully it helps if you are dealing with the same issues. In the same file you can also do the same edit for the sharpening filter and film grain as well if you choose to. 

Edited by Pat_vpdc

3 hours ago, Pat_vpdc said:

It’s in the usercfg file that is referred earlier in the tread. I think someone posted the exact location. But in that file there is a ray tracing option. And you just need to change the 1 to a 0 and that is what made a huge difference  for me. Give it a try and hopefully it helps if you are dealing with the same issues. In the same file you can also do the same edit for the sharpening filter and film grain as well if you choose to. 

Ray tracing shadows appears twice in the user.cfg did? you turn them both off then?

Tried this and it is marginally better but still seeing some of the sugar effect from afar, and tearing up close.

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002

On 11/28/2020 at 12:15 AM, mtr75 said:

Did you report this to Zendesk?

"No..."

Yes my friend.. not once...

regards

4 hours ago, Flyfaster_MTN002 said:

Ray tracing shadows appears twice in the user.cfg did? you turn them both off then?

Tried this and it is marginally better but still seeing some of the sugar effect from afar, and tearing up close.

I just turned off the first one. I think the second is for VR. I found some of the “sugar effect” is just volumetric cloud texture itself. I found changing the ray tracing took care of the really bad shimmering that occurred. There’s definitely improvement needed from the developers. Dx12 may help. But that’s a wait and see

• Like 1