Sign in to follow this  
Planettel

Newby help

Hi guys,

I've been following this forum since August but this is my first post as I've been waiting on my new system which was delivered yest, which I bought for msfs2020 😁

Having updated windows etc,so all up to date,  I purchased msfs this morning from steam, I download the base package 490mb I think, and double clicked logo to start/install game, unfortunately the Xbox screen loads up then followed by asbo screen, followed by 2 others, but then I end up back at desktop, I've turned off defender etc but still same old, would appreciate any help of you guys.

Ryan 5900x--gigabyte x570 gaming x--nvidia 3080--32gb gskill trident neo 3600mhz ram--1000watt psu--resolution 2560x1440.

Did your new PC come with Win 10 installed or did you install it?

When I first tried to install FS2020 (MS Store version) I had some problems as I had removed all the Xbox Apps from my PC as I never needed them. However FS2020 does required them.

Go to setting, apps, you should see,

Gaming Services

Xbox

If they are not there you probably need to re-install them?

John

25 minutes ago, johnh1984 said:

Did your new PC come with Win 10 installed or did you install it?

When I first tried to install FS2020 (MS Store version) I had some problems as I had removed all the Xbox Apps from my PC as I never needed them. However FS2020 does required them.

Go to setting, apps, you should see,

Gaming Services

Xbox

If they are not there you probably need to re-install them?

John

Ryan 5900x--gigabyte x570 gaming x--nvidia 3080--32gb gskill trident neo 3600mhz ram--1000watt psu--resolution 2560x1440.

Hi John, when I bought computer I didn't pay for windows to be installed, but it came with it already installed,which I believe they installed to stress test etc,  I logged onto it and updated to latest settings, activation was ok

Do you have a Windows or an Xbox account? I think you need that to install MSFS.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |