Sign in to follow this  
Dylanear

Milviz Beaver?? Any info updates? ETA for release??!

17 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Mostly because its hard, and also illegal 🙂 nothing stopping from you porting a paid addons to msfs, but if you share it, then your in trouble 🙂

You completely misunderstand my meaning. I am talking about companies like Milviz making MSFS aircraft from their existing aircraft, the Beaver for instance. Or DC Creations P3D F-15 pack which is being developed into a MSFS product. My point is there's many years of aircraft for the older sims, and as impatient as I am, I do understand it's going to take a long, long time to have that many options for MSFS. 

I am absolutely NOT talking about people modifying other people's work for fun or profit. 

3 minutes ago, Dylanear said:

You completely misunderstand my meaning. I am talking about companies like Milviz making MSFS aircraft from their existing aircraft, the Beaver for instance. Or DC Creations P3D F-15 pack which is being developed into a MSFS product. My point is there's many years of aircraft for the older sims, and as impatient as I am, I do understand it's going to take a long, long time to have that many options for MSFS. 

I am absolutely NOT talking about people modifying other people's work for fun or profit. 

My bad 🙂 Its because you said "flightsim addon community", wich i interpreted it to be freeware devs and modders as opposed to professional commercial ones 🙂 

And i would argue that it could actually be easier to make a plane from scratch than porting an existing one. (specially if it was considered a "complex" aircraft in legacy sims)

I was trying to find a way to include both the commercial and freeware folks when I said, "flightsim addon community". I mostly mean the commercial ones, but there's some excellent free stuff from enthusiasts too and I didn't want to leave them out. 

Yeah, I know it's mostly a complete rewrite. But I think starting from an existing model and texture maps has to be a help. When I say port, I don't mean taking the actual FSX/P3D packages. More that I assume, hope they still have the 3D app model/scene files, etc. And the research done for an accurate flight model in one sim can be applied to making one in another. Even if the model types are so different the actual previous flight model is no use at all. Etc, etc.

• Like 1