Sign in to follow this  
platinum

MS Fltsim2020 - Xbox Game Pass for PC vs. Win 10 versions?

Hi everyone..

I just bought Flight Simulator 2020 for my "desktop replacement" PC gaming desktop...as I was installing it, turns out I have the version that works with "Xbox Game Pass for PC." It's been years since I used Flight Simulator, wondering if this "Xbox for PC" version is the same as the "Windows 10" version or if I bought the wrong version....would someone be kind enough to explain the difference? I've tried googling this but the articles I read only seem to indicate there are different versions, they don't explain what the meaning or implications of buying the "Xbox for PC" vs. "Windows 10" version of flight simulator 2020 are....thanks in advance for any replies!

Sorry for the lame question...

Thanks again!

P.S. I am rated as a private pilot IRL, U.S., about ~600 hours in Cessnas.

Did you purchase outright, or using the Game Pass month to month sub?

There are 3 versions: Standard, Deluxe, Premium

The month to month sub is equivalent to Standard.

Ignore any XBox vs Win10 naming, it’s all usable for Windows 10.

XBOX is Microsoft's gaming brand across all platforms. So there is XBOX console, XBOX for PC and XBOX for android.

At the moment Microsoft Flight Simulator ONLY runs on PCs that are running Windows.

CJ