Sign in to follow this  
DazzaJay

Add a single airport to LNM

Hello! I'm having an absolute headache of an issue.

I'm attempting to use LNM to create a bush trip, and I wish for the starting airport to be YBRA (Benambra Airstrip)
However, YBRA is not in LNM.

YBRA is in MSFS2020...... But i cannot seem to import any airports from MSFS2020 into LNM.
(I use a Laptop for planning in LNM, while my Flight Simulator is installed on a different computer)

Is there a way I can manually add YBRA to LNM without using the import function?

Or, Is there a way to get LNM to see my data and community folders which are shared on my home network.

48 minutes ago, DazzaJay said:

Is there a way I can manually add YBRA to LNM without using the import function?

No. Because it happens automatically when loading the scenery library. If your airport shows up in MSFS it should show up in LNM too ... normally.

First reload the scenery library on the flying computer after adding or modifying airports. LNM on the flying computer should show it.
Copy the database file to the remote computer to see the airport there. LNM does not do this automatically. You can use a batch file and Windows shares to do this after loading the library on the flying computer.

BTW: LNM 2.6.6 has a bug which prevents loading of airports which have "content_type": "CORE" in the manifest.json. Change "CORE" to "SCENERY" to avoid this.

Alex

Well it was a bit of a pain, but i've now managed to copy the LNM database across to my other computers and now all the FS2020 Airports appear on them. Thanks for the help.

I'd use Windows shares and a batch/cmd file to copy the databases. You could also use a cloud. I have a small server running here with a Nextcloud installation which shares flight plans and other files across all computers.

Alex

(Hi, I'm new to the forum. Sorry if my post should be off-topic in this thread.)

Hello Alex,

I've got a related problem concerning selfmade bushtrips in MSFS: just for challenge, I want to include landings on meadows, streets or on water (using flying boats like the Grumman Goose). It's possible to set any point in the landscape as an arrival point in MSFS, but if I want to create a flight plan in LNM, I need to set an actual airfield as destination otherwise I won't get a full flight plan. Same with airfields that are existing in real life but are not part of MSFS (one example is the old World War II airfield at Upottery, Southern England). Using userpoints doesn't solve the problem since they can only be used as normal waypoints but not as destinations.

My main issue is that I want LNM to give me ToD / ToC points for those landings in the landscape. Since I use LNM rather like an analogue map and flight planner while flying VFR in MSFS, I don't need to import the flight plan into MSFS. Is there any workaround for this (admittedly special) issue?

Greetings, Sherman

Hi Sherman,

sorry, there is no workaround. An airport is needed for the profile since other navaids or arbitrary places have no altitude assigned (at least not until you use the GLOBE data).

Alex

Understood. Thank you anyways for this fabulous tool. My workaround now simply is to choose a available airfield nearby my intended destination (one with roughly the same altitude). When I have the full flight plan, I use the distance from the computed TOD to the destination and create a "TOD" userpoint in that distance from my intended landing spot.