Sign in to follow this  
Skylon5000

PFETOXPLANE AI Traffic

Hello,

i would like to ask, what is about the topic "PF3 cannot see AI Traffic" with World Traffic 3 for example.
I have read about the new "TCAS Override* " provided by Laminar, which give us the possibility to work with this data.
Little Navmap for example shows now AI traffic. (Without the old way to activate AI Aircrafts in the X-Plane Configuration!!!)

This brings me to the question, if there are any informations that PF3 with PFETOXPLANE can now interact with the AI Traffic?

I found following old topic and would like to ask if this is still the case?

Many thanks to sort it out
Andreas

* https://developer.x-plane.com/article/overriding-tcas-and-providing-traffic-information/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There are a few restrictions with regards using RC4 and PF3 in X-Plane.

Cannot operate them in a networked configuration, as XPUIPC is not a full equivalent to FSUIPC and WideClient configuration

Currently, they cannot see X-Plane traffic. This may be added later, once third party traffic packages are up there.

Radar Contact ATC cannot relocate aircraft on startup, therefore, before you click <Start RC> in order to connect to X-Plane, make sure the airplane is positioned at the departure airport as per your flight plan.

Everything else should work as expected."

Edited by Skylon5000

FSX Computer: I7-980X @4GHZ - Kingston DDR3 1066MHZ (7-7-7-20) - Gainwaird GTX285 1GB - 2x Raptor 150GB (1. Generation)

9 hours ago, Skylon5000 said:

Hello,

i would like to ask, what is about the topic "PF3 cannot see AI Traffic" with World Traffic 3 for example.
I have read about the new "TCAS Override* " provided by Laminar, which give us the possibility to work with this data.
Little Navmap for example shows now AI traffic. (Without the old way to activate AI Aircrafts in the X-Plane Configuration!!!)

This brings me to the question, if there are any informations that PF3 with PFETOXPLANE can now interact with the AI Traffic?

I found following old topic and would like to ask if this is still the case?

Many thanks to sort it out
Andreas

* https://developer.x-plane.com/article/overriding-tcas-and-providing-traffic-information/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There are a few restrictions with regards using RC4 and PF3 in X-Plane.

Cannot operate them in a networked configuration, as XPUIPC is not a full equivalent to FSUIPC and WideClient configuration

Currently, they cannot see X-Plane traffic. This may be added later, once third party traffic packages are up there.

Radar Contact ATC cannot relocate aircraft on startup, therefore, before you click <Start RC> in order to connect to X-Plane, make sure the airplane is positioned at the departure airport as per your flight plan.

Everything else should work as expected."

We'll investigate the new "TCAS override" to see if it can be used to feed PF3 with traffic.

• Upvote 1

Many thanks Gerald. This would be nice!

FSX Computer: I7-980X @4GHZ - Kingston DDR3 1066MHZ (7-7-7-20) - Gainwaird GTX285 1GB - 2x Raptor 150GB (1. Generation)

Hi Gerald,

any news on this topic? I´m using Traffic Global now and would like to now, if there is a way for PFEtoXPlane to communicate with and manage World Traffic's AI. Of course, it would also be nice to hear radio traffic between the controller and the AI.

Thanks
Andreas

On 12/1/2021 at 10:53 AM, Skylon5000 said:

Hi Gerald,

any news on this topic? I´m using Traffic Global now and would like to now, if there is a way for PFEtoXPlane to communicate with and manage World Traffic's AI. Of course, it would also be nice to hear radio traffic between the controller and the AI.

Thanks
Andreas

Assuming there is no release of major aircraft next month (PMDG or other), will be looked at then, as the schedule is currently packed.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GalaioSilva said:

I'm also interested in this feature. Any news about your investigation?

Regards,

João Galaio

It might be implemented later for the JF Global traffic.

Unfortunately, the X-Plane crowd is more keen on half baked free projects that get abandoned once the author doesn't get enough "pats on the back".

If we depended on sales of this add-on, we would have thrown the towel a very long time ago.

The main reason we did it is to offer a "full multi crew Experience that includes ATC" so those used to PF3 or Radar Contact ATC can also use MCE with X-Plane.

The schedule is just too tight for this at the moment. IFlly737MAX (in P3D V5), Maddog MD-82, Bae146 (in MSFS) support to be added to MCE Ultimate and MSFS editions (free of charge)

Since we make a living making voice based crew simulation and there are tons of planes waiting to be multi-crewed at this time, it won't be looked at before April or May.

There are also more urgent things like integrating GSX with MCE in MSFS, something we wanted to do last month and still no time to look at it.

Sorry for the delay.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FS++ said:

It might be implemented later for the JF Global traffic.

Unfortunately, the X-Plane crowd is more keen on half baked free projects that get abandoned once the author doesn't get enough "pats on the back".

If we depended on sales of this add-on, we would have thrown the towel a very long time ago.

The main reason we did it is to offer a "full multi crew Experience that includes ATC" so those used to PF3 or Radar Contact ATC can also use MCE with X-Plane.

The schedule is just too tight for this at the moment. IFlly737MAX (in P3D V5), Maddog MD-82, Bae146 (in MSFS) support to be added to MCE Ultimate and MSFS editions (free of charge)

Since we make a living making voice based crew simulation and there are tons of planes waiting to be multi-crewed at this time, it won't be looked at before April or May.

There are also more urgent things like integrating GSX with MCE in MSFS, something we wanted to do last month and still no time to look at it.

Sorry for the delay.

Ok Gerard. I understand.

I will be using Pilot2atc for now since it has this feature.

Thank you.

Regards,

João Galaio