Sign in to follow this  
Lynn hoitsma

Bezel buttons

Home and direct to plus freq knobs do not function. New install. Touch does work. 750 hardware

Edited by Lynn hoitsma

1 hour ago, Lynn hoitsma said:

Home and direct to plus freq knobs do not function. New install. Touch does work. 750 hardware

First a welcome to Avsim.  I see this is your first post.  This is a great place to share and benefit from the experiences and knowledge of a great number of fellow users.  I am just one of those.

In all honesty and with courtesy it would be incredibly much like looking for a needle in a haystack to help you with no more information than you provided.  To get help, and especially a successful and timely solution You should provided more in depth information about your issue.  Which brand GTN?  F1?  or Reality XP. Users have arrived here without distinguishing, so important that you say.   I assume GTN since you posted in the GTN forum.  What does 750 hardware mean?  Which simulator?  FSX or P3D?  And if P3D which version?  Which aircraft models? Knobs and buttons in a simulator?  Or knobs and buttons of an external piece of addon hardware? Which GTN installer did you use?  Did you install both the GTN and Garmin Trainer to default locations?  What version of the GTN did you install?  What is the version of the Garmin Trainer you installed?

Not trying to overwhelm you, but all of those could be factors.  The more you provide the quicker it can be drilled down to identify the solution.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

No problem with the questions new to all this so may take me a while to get all the answers. Will do the best I can. I think it’s reality xp gtn 750, as a second monitor. The touch screen works fine but the direct to and home and frequency knobs don’t do anything I’ll have to check versions on downloads it’s xplane 11 sim.

Edited by Lynn hoitsma

11 hours ago, Lynn hoitsma said:

it’s xplane 11 sim.

OK.  You posted this issue in the FSX/P3D area.  Back up a level or two here and you should find your way in to the RXP xplane forums.  One for GTN and the other for GNS.  Posting in the xplane specific area will put your questions in front of more xplane users.

The aircraft you are using when this is an issue will be a key part of your issue.  In FSX it happens with some aircraft and not with others.  It depends on how the aircraft model developer designed the panels in the cockpit. When the panels are hard coded into the aircraft itself instead of into the textures they are difficult to deal with. Each developer seems to take their own direction.  There is no standard they all designed to.  In FSX/P3D some fellow users wrote a small .xml file as a pseudo gauge to overcome the issue.  I never adopted xplane so I am unaware if anyone did the same for it.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks for the help, really enjoy using this to stay proficient at buttonology for ifr but dread trying to keep it all working. Had everything going pretty good and decided to go with new pc and now the honeycomb equipment so here I go again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lynn hoitsma said:

Thanks for the help, really enjoy using this to stay proficient at buttonology for ifr but dread trying to keep it all working. Had everything going pretty good and decided to go with new pc and now the honeycomb equipment so here I go again.

Understand. Built a new system two weeks before MSFS launch. Have had the Alpha for year now  and added the Bravo a week ago after a long wait.  The iPad is connected to the sims with Fltplan.go.  For someone who flies from a multipurpose desk it is a fantastic setup.  At the bottom right is a suede notepad folder used as a mouse pad lying flat on files in an open file drawer ( the mouse pad on the desk is a bit out of reach).  And yes that mouse pad you see is made with a iron-on layer made from a scan of a sectional chart.  The mini keyboard sits nicely bridging the housings of the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo.

You will really enjoy the changes you are considering.

image.png.7dd6a399f52b6025d8d37775ee54ba5f.png

• Like 1

Frank Patton
ASUS