Sign in to follow this  
FerryFast

No airports visible of my sceneries

After updating to version 2.6.6 (I think ...) I can no longer find airports of my extra payware or freeware sceneries. I have already refilled the scenerie library a few times but it just doesn't work. Have I ticked something wrong somewhere or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Fer

Check the simulator base path and scenery.cfg (depending on simulator) in the loading dialog. Maybe reset it.
Also have a look at options dialog on page "Scenery Library" if you have some exclusions in the upper list.

If all fails: Run the loading process and send the resulting log file (Tools -> Files and Dirs).

Alex

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your response. I've checked everything.

-The simulator base path is set correctly.
-I can't change scene.cfg. This one is light gray and empty (is this okay?)
-With the scenery library in the options dialog I have no exclusions.

But I still don't have scenery airports in LNM

I don't see any possibility to upload a file (i am sorry) so here with the full text of the log file .....:

Edit: I tried to add plain text to this post but apparently that is not accepted because I can't upload it. It is also a very long list ..

I really hope you can help me further.

Thank you got the log. Loading looks normal to me. No folders excluded. It reads add-on airports from "C:/Games/XPlane11-50-Vulkan/Custom Scenery". Not too many. Around 25. Does this sound about right?

Do you use an add-on organizer which uses .lnk files to link to add-on airports by any chance?
Just to be sure: Are all add-on airports missing? On the map only? In the airport search?

Alex

7 hours ago, albar965 said:

25 Airports could be about . It is difficult to say whether it is at all my scenery airports. Some also exist as standard x-plane.
I like to fly from Quatam River or Machmell Fisheries for example and they are not shown in LNM. The same goes for the airports (and Heli) in the Matterhorn scenery.

I use XOrganizer but those .ink files are not familiar to me.

The thing is, it worked fine before the update, not after that.

FYI: I am referring to my scenerys which are on another HDD with shortcuts. But that did not pose a problem before.

Maybe I can try installing LNM from scratch first.

Fer

1 minute ago, FerryFast said:

sorry for the double post.....

Don’t worry. I left the second and deleted the first. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 minutes ago, FerryFast said:

I am referring to my scenerys which are on another HDD with shortcuts. But that did not pose a problem before.

Sorry, but shortcuts were always a problem if they use Windows .lnk files.

Symbolic links work fine, on the other hand. No idea what XOrganizer uses. Check the file types in the "Custom Scenery" folder if there are files that have a "lnk" extension.

Alex

Hi Alexander,

You are indeed right. To test I moved a scenery to the XP custom scenery folder and reloaded it in LNM and now that airport is there.
I'm going to delve into your advice for those symbolic links. I read somewhere that you can move the entire folder with 1 link in XP. That seems like the best option to me, but does it still cause problems for LNM?

By the way, the shortcuts are normal windows 10 shortcuts and it turns out that all .LNK files (I learned something again ..)

I am still amazed that it worked well before. But I must have been lucky.

regards
Fer

Finally, I want to mention that I deeply respect your support! It is already special that someone makes such a beautiful and extensive program available as freeware, but offering extensive support is really special.
My problem will not be the only thing you will try to solve so you will probably be busy.

Respect!
regards,
Fer

Hi Fer,

thanks for the feedback.
And you're welcome!

An easy way to create symbolic links is a tool I can only recommend. This is DoubleCommander which is fairly powerful free file manager. I use it on Linux, macOS and Windows here.

I'll have a look at the .lnk files support but since this is a lot of effort since it affects a lot of code. Probably in a far future version.

Busy, I am.🙃

Alex