Sign in to follow this  
PopXP

RXP BAD UPDATE (resolved)

Note that I fly XP11 Steam version.  I got the notice that RXP ver 2.5.28 was available.  I upgraded it from from the 2.5.27.  Now no charts, nav data, maps...nothing is loading or working.

Not good and totally unacceptable.  How does one revert back to the 2.5.27 ver until they fix this?  I'd like the "one button" approach to reinstall it all and still save all my routes but I doubt that's even a thing.  I'd hate to blow it all up and lose my data.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by Pops_61
Add wording

On 1/13/2021 at 12:38 PM, Pops_61 said:

Note that I fly XP11 Steam version.  I got the notice that RXP ver 2.5.28 was available.  I upgraded it from from the 2.5.27.  Now no charts, nav data, maps...nothing is loading or working.

Not good and totally unacceptable.  How does one revert back to the 2.5.27 ver until they fix this?  I'd like the "one button" approach to reinstall it all and still save all my routes but I doubt that's even a thing.  I'd hate to blow it all up and lose my data.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Did  you update the Garmin trainer?  Perhaps the link got broken.  When something like this happens to me, which it did once several months ago, the fix I found was to uninstall both the Garmin Trainer and the RXP, download the RXP eCommerce installer (not an update installer) and reinstall with the eCommerce installer allowing it to call the installation of the Garmin Trainer.  You can get the eCommerce installer at the RXP site by acting as if you were first purchasing the RXP.  You will then go to the F1 site to revalidate your license during the installation, but you will not pay again because you are just revalidating.  Only takes a couple of minutes.  Hope that works for you.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 1/13/2021 at 1:40 PM, fppilot said:

Did  you update the Garmin trainer?  Perhaps the link got broken.  When something like this happens to me, which it did once several months ago, the fix I found was to uninstall both the Garmin Trainer and the RXP, download the RXP eCommerce installer (not an update installer) and reinstall with the eCommerce installer allowing it to call the installation of the Garmin Trainer.  You can get the eCommerce installer at the RXP site by acting as if you were first purchasing the RXP.  You will then go to the F1 site to revalidate your license during the installation, but you will not pay again because you are just revalidating.  Only takes a couple of minutes.  Hope that works for you.

That worked!  Thank you for taking your time to help out.  I was very leery in uninstalling it all but that's what the doctor ordered.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pops_61 said:

That worked!  Thank you for taking your time to help out.  I was very leery in uninstalling it all but that's what the doctor ordered.

Great!  Enjoy your flying...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere