Sign in to follow this  
Deaf Pilot

White Wall Tyres

Guest DP1

When I land the Baron the tyre "walls" turn from black to white. This happens every time the wheels contact the runway. After a while they return to black. Note that I refer only to the walls or sides of the tyres, not the tread. I'm getting av average fps of about 22 & I doubt this is a memory thing because it doesn't happen with anything else. has anyone else had this? Reminds me of the old white walled tyres..lol.:-roll

Missing textures... I noticed this the other day too. The textures for spinning tires is missing so it shows up as white.

Guest Surfstud31

I noticed the same thing when testing a repaint - thought it was my repaint. Any idea how to fix this?

Guest flyinfriend

Hi,I noticed the exact same thing on the same plane on touch down.Tom

Guest Surfstud31

Here's what i discovered - the white walls only show up on the white with red stripes baron (or course I chose this one for the template of my repaint). I have painstakingly compared the texture files and can find no reason for this to be happening. Very odd.

We reckon there is a global wheel/tire bug in FSX. On our systems ALL aircraft wheels abruptly stop rotating when you apply brakes. This applies to addon aircraft too, despite developers' attempts to overcome the problem.Likewise, when you take off, previously revolving wheels suddenly stop turning.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page