Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

MyTraffic X

Guest RGH

Thank you again Craig.But I am not going to re install it I will sell it on Ebay.I have 48GB of VFR scenary due in by the end of march so I will go with Just Flight Traffic for fsx after I check compatibility.I had Ultimate traffic in FS9 that was very good,Thank you again for the offer.Rex

I have Ultimate Traffic and it worked fine in FS9 but they haven't decided if they are going to try and update it for FSX or rewrite the code. Check for reviews of whatever you do in Google. Also bear in mind that the better the AI aircraft look the more impact they have on framerates which is one reason I went with MyTraffic. Even though they don't look great their AI aircraft have low polygon counts therefore easier on the framerates. Not sure if you have a monster machine or an avg one (at least now) like I do. Where are you getting the VFR scenery from? Craig

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Huh, I don't know what to tell you guys... I picked MyTrafficX up last weekend. Install (yes, my FSX is on it's own drive... Drive H:!) Aside from the 3 manual steps (which, while not a big deal, yes, they COULD have been automated) I've had no problems with it.As far as traffic... I seemed to get plenty around KATL and all realistic in terms of liveries.I honestly don't care how fantastic looking the AI planes are... You only see them upclose while sitting on the tarmac at the airport... the rest of the time you're usually too far away to be able to tell just how good or bad the models are. I'd rather have frame rate or the ability to go with a lot more traffic that looks 1/2 decent than less traffic but prettier looking ones (that you can't see 90% of the time...)I haven't looked through the manual yet to see what tweaking can/needs to be done. Maybe you just need to get updated FP data that covers your airport/region? Not trying to be a jerk here... I honestly just don't see what people are getting so annoyed about since it's worked fine for me. Maybe there are some limitations in the product in some regions? If so, the more we figure it out the more informed future potential purchasers will be.--2002cbr600f4i

Hi RexLike yourself I had to make several visits to MyTraffic support forum because I am not very puter literate.To a person who is well versed in puter explanations I believe the installation of My traffic is probably quiet simple.But people like us need a little more explanation and like I said above ,after several visits and Emails to Burkhard and Husain I finally got it installed.I believe Husain has since come out with a PDF file which actually shows what folders and changes to the config file you have to make.A picture is worth a 1000 words LOL.I have used My Traffic since its inception and with the latest addition for FSX I was not disappointed.Good luck and have a Merry Christmas.Kenny G.

Guest RGH

Hi Kenny GNice to hear from you,I am sure most people are as happy as you. Once they finally instal it and get it working,But talking to the Tecs on the forum who I will say again were willing to help,But when they started to talk about changing other files that was enough for me.When you buy a addon program you hope it as been fully tested and that the installer will do all the work.As I have a lot of VFR scenery on order I am not prepared to risk it With MyTraffic.but that is my theory only.All the Best & a Merry christmas to youRex.:-beerchug

>Hi Kenny G>Nice to hear from you,I am sure most people are as happy as>you. Once they finally instal it and get it working,But>talking to the Tecs on the forum who I will say again were>willing to help,But when they started to talk about changing>other files that was enough for me.When you buy a addon>program you hope it as been fully tested and that the>installer will do all the work.As I have a lot of VFR scenery>on order I am not prepared to risk it With MyTraffic.but that>is my theory only.>All the Best & a Merry christmas to you>Rex.>:-beerchug RexAgain I had that same feeling like you and was fearful that I would screw something up.You may want to look at that PDF file I mentioned which makes it very easy to install.All the best.Kenny G.

Using MyTraffic does not effect anything with regards to FSX. It may have an effect on framerates but all AI traffic does. I'm using FSGenesis North American Terrain Mesh for FSX so that theory does not fly. As long as you back up any file that requires changing then any problem that arises from wrong entries can easily be reversed. Craig