Sign in to follow this  
Guest bjablonka

2 Engine Props available?

Guest bjablonka

Are there any good 2 engine props, such as the Flight 1 ATR 72, for FSX out there? I have not seen anything new yet. Thanks!

There are a number of good aricraft, while not specifically designed for FSX, still look beautiful and work perfectly in FSX.For example the following do work:www.carenado.com - Most of their aircraft work and they provide a free utility to make some changes to the aircraft, so they are compatible with FSX.www.precisionmanuals.com - Their Beech 1900s seem to work OK. I haven't noticed anything in FSX that something doesn't work.www.eaglesoftdg.com - They have done well to get some beautiful aircraft into FSX, albeit there may be a slight performance hit in FSX, as many other complex add-ons will do also.www.fsd-international.com - They are slowly adding compatibility to thier fleet for FSX. Have a look and see which aircraft are now FSX compatible. Although do beware of the activation policy on their software. (Please no further comments)I am sure a few others will pop in with some others that are trickling out. I should also mention you may need to create an 'Aircraft' folder under the FSX folder and edit the appropriate XML file to reflect the new folder. A quick search on that will get you the info needed to accomplish this part.[hr color=#00000]http://forefrontgrp.com/MyLogo.JPGJason[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][/b]

Guest bjablonka

Thanks Jason, I appreciate putting all this together. I was actually looking for a commuter prop, sorry that was not very clear in my first post. Any suggestions? I love the ATR from flight 1, but it is not ready for FSX yet.

Depends what era you like to fly in....:-)Milton Shupe and his team built a very nice Beech D18 and a Howard 500 that transfer beautifully to FSX.If round engines appeal to you, try www.flightsimonline.com.Roy Marsh

Guest bjablonka

Have you tried to move the Dash 7 into FSX?Thanks

No, not yet. Probably get to it eventually.Feel free to have a go at it. Just don't install it directly into FSX. Install to a temp directory first and than move the bits into FSX. I expect the panel will be a problem area if there is to be one. Suggest you put gauges in the panel folder not the gauge folder. Makes it easier to delete if it doesn't work....Happy flying...R

Guest bjablonka

Thanks Roy, I will give it a try.

Guest bjablonka

Hi Roy, couldn't get it to work. Just have to wait for some more releases. I wish that there would be a Wilco Legacy with props :) or that flight 1 would finally release their ATR for FSX. Again, thanks for your help guys - much appreciated!