Sign in to follow this  
YTPBR1

P3D v4.5 keeps crashing right after loading

Hello, 

Whenever I get in P3D, start flight and load everything, the sim stops responding a few seconds after loading and closes, with no error message. 

I didn't find any error message on Event Viewer, neither on Error reporter...

I tried every solution I could find, e.g.: Reinstalling the P3D client, moving scenery.cfg, renaming Prepar3D.cfg, renaming dll.xml, removing some addons, etc... 

Any ideas???

• Like 1

Update: I found errors related to KERNELBASE.dll and combase.dll

May this be related to P3D crashes?

Welcome to AvSim. Knowing which version of P3D would help.

Is this with a virgin installation with no 3rd party addons? Can you list your hardware and OS please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It's version v4.5.11

Intel Core i5-8250U o/c to 3.9 GHz, Intel Graphics 620, 1TB HDD, 8 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit. 

I have installed a bunch of addon planes from rikoooo.com (e.g.: PA A320, TDS 787, POSKY 737...) and no airports. Have Landing Rate Monitor (which requires FSUIPC v6) and P3DWX (error persists even after uninstalling this one).

I've also updated my OS recently (after the failure happened for the first time), but the problem wouldn't go away.

Windows 10 20H2 (64-bit) 

Okay, thanks. Your GPU is a little underpowered for P3D but it shouldn’t cause CTDs.

What is your startup aircraft? Make sure it’s a default one like the Cub. If P3D will run with that then it’s likely to be related to a 3rd party addon. I know out of experience you should never start P3D with the PMDG737 as the default aircraft.

Rename Prepar3D.cfg so a new one is generated and try that. You could also delete the contents of the shaders folder. 

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/479630-where-to-find-my-shaders-folder-prepar3d-v2-v3-v4/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello

I tried both but Prepar3D still crashed... 

My startup aircraft was not changed (It's still the F22). Idk if it's useful, but some other startup parameters such as location, weather and date are still the default ones. 

I'm very worried because the sim keeps crashing everytime and no solution works! 

Got to error reporter and this is the error I got:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Application Name:    Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:    4.5.11.29713
Application Timestamp:    5ca56c53
Hang Signature:    d728
Hang Type:    134250496
Waiting on Application Name:    dxdiag.exe
Waiting on Application Version:    10.0.19041.1
OS version:    10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.100
Locality Identification:    1046
Additional Hang Signature 1:    d728b50f9f19677ad01bdb456e61ef68
Additional Hang Signature 2:    0fe9
Additional Hang Signature 3:    0fe967e474937df492268af53f364ae6
Additional Hang Signature 4:    d728
Additional Hang Signature 5:    d728b50f9f19677ad01bdb456e61ef68
Additional Hang Signature 6:    0fe9
Additional Hang Signature 7:    0fe967e474937df492268af53f364ae6

That suggests a problem with DXDIAG.EXE. I suggest you test that to ensure there are no problems with DirectX.

Start - Run. Enter DXDIAG.EXE and hit OK. See if it runs okay. Make sure you run it with admin privileges.

What hardware are you using? That would be helpful. It’s concerning you have multiple reasons for a CTD.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I ran the app and all the pages said "No problems found"

I'm running this on a Samsung Expert x30 NP350XAA-KD1BR, equipped with Intel Core i5-8265 (8th Gen), RAM 8GB DDR4 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. A little underpowered for flight simming, I know. But the sim worked just fine for over a year. I don't really know what happened...

This problem has been happening for about a week... 

The drivers and the OS are up-to-date and I have DirectX12 installed...

What's going on?!

Ah right. It was running fine until a week ago. So what changed? DX12 isn’t needed for P3Dv4 as it runs with DX11. But as v4 and v5 can run alongside each other that shouldn’t be a problem.

You didn’t mention what hardware you have connected. Try unplugging all yokes etc. and see if it runs okay. Do you have the scenario screen displayed? Does P3D get as far as that?

But knowing what has changed in the last week may provide the answer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes, I get to the scenario screen. I don't have any yokes, throttle, rudder pedals, etc... so...

I remember the first time it happened was Monday, JAN 18. I installed P3DWX (Already uninstalled but still got CTD) (Live Weather Feature) and ran a saved flight. The flight was uneventul. However, when I tried to change the time, the sim crashed for the first time. Since then, it never worked again... 

The failure happens after I load everything. Even if I use the startup plane and airport. No more than 20 seconds to the CTD to happen. Sometimes the plane doesn't even load. No error message box, just stop responding and closes.

Now we’re getting somewhere. I’ve never heard of P3DWX. Do you have a link to the website?

I suspect you have have a corrupted weather file. Try the instructions in this topic and see if it helps.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130613

If that doesn’t fix it uninstall P3DWX and try again. Reboot after uninstalling.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather