Sign in to follow this  
kaluleomorir

PMDG 737 MCP in Descent Mode Question

This is the situation: you started your descent profile in VNAV mode. Then, the ATC cleared to FL250...so, when you reach that altitude, the plane MCP stand still with no change in MCP. LNAV and VNAV still engaged. Now ATC cleared to FL200, how to command the MCP to reach this new altitude?

What I do, which btw could be absolutelly wrong, I pressed LVL CHG and when the plane start descending (AOA change), press the VNAV to gain control over the descent profile? Is this correct? Is there anothe way to do this?

All positive feedback greatly appreciated.

Yesturday I was told the best way to do this according to FCOM, is pressing ALT INTV button. So I setup a fly from EDDH to EFHK and it worked like a charm! In fact, LNAV is still active and engaged!

Same apply when you need to override FMC speed, tou can use the SPD INTV button,.

Cheers.

ALT INT is the correct method. Or a good method. If you're below path, the jet will descend at 1000fpm. If that's not quick enough for ATC, then you could SPD INT or use LVL CHG or VS.

Matt Cee

A great video series (23 videos) on the MCP which discusses LVL CHG, V/S, ALT INT and which is used where, and how every switch/button works is found at:

Edited by ravemtech