Sign in to follow this  
blave

Removing the RED messages?

Guest PPSFA

I would like to get rid of the messages showing 'Brakes', Pause', Views, etc...anyone know how?Thanks in advance

I was poking around in the FS configuration file a few evenings ago, and came across some entries that look like they might control the appearance of such messages.I'm not at my FS system at the moment but you might peruse the .cfg and see if you can find what I'm talking about. I have not messed with those switches to see if they work though.Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Look in the Display section of your fsx.cfg. You will see the following entries:InfoBrakesEnable=FalseInfoParkingBrakesEnable=TrueInfoPauseEnable=TrueInfoSlewEnable=TrueInfoStallEnable=FalseInfoOverspeedEnable=FalseSet them to True or False to set your tastes.Mike

Guest PPSFA

Thanks, I found those, but still can't find a way to remove the text that shows the different views in the upper right corner, any ideas?

Guest david W.

This solution was already previously posted by "jonboy162" :(And I have used it ever since)<2. To get rid of the zoom and view message, change the following in the FSX.CFG file located at "C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFSX";{DISPLAY}ChangeTime=4.000000 to ChangeTime=0.000000You can also change the colour of the text under {DISPLAY}InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,255,255

Good stuff - thanks! How about the green bar at the top for "door opening" "door closing" etc?Thanks