Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

SpadNext freezes/closes after starting Cessna 172 engine

Before I get into the details I have submitted a trouble ticket to SpadNext but it has been a week without a reply so I thought I would ask fellow simmers if they have encountered anything close to what I am experiencing as it may not be a SpadNext issue.

1. Started MSFS with either the C172 or C172 G1000 model.

2. Started SpadNext - all Logitech panels and controls working properly.

3. I have deleted all Logitech control assignments found in MSFS to make sure there is no double-assignments that could cause some form of mixed communication issues. For SpadNext I believe I am using a mix of MSFS and Simconnect assignments but it appears Spadnext uses its own assignments for the throttles.

4. The aircraft is cold-n-dark. Spadnext freezes in either of two ways:
(A) I use the CNTRL+E keys on the keyboard to autostart the engine or
(B) I use the Logitech Switch panel to start the engine.

5. Interestingly, even though SpadNext app is frozen I can still see movement on my throttle/mixture inside the cockpit. My Logitech panels also light up and I can still operate the aircraft.

6. After approximately 80 seconds SpadNext app will shut down completely even though under options I have selected it not to if SpadNext loses connection to MSFS. At that point I lose all operation of the aircraft making the MSFS unflyable from that point forward.

Does one think this could be a simconnect issue or MSFS issue?  Just thought I would throw this out here as I am unable to fly with MSFS.

Thx, Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit