Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

Fix or flaw ; RW pilots may shed some insight

Guest GA Flyer

A few items that I've notice while using FSX and I'm just not sure if they are fixes to make the sim more real like or flaws that do not.1) While flying the Lear Jet I notice the sound of the engines spooling up on take off but when you are cruising and say back the throttles to idle the engine noise still sound like you are appling full throttle. (I have engine noise while flying the lear at 15%) Does this seem right or is it just me?2) Seems to take a long time to bleed of the airspeed in the aircraft in FSX..is it just me or is this an improvement/change that is more accruate or opposite?3) All clocks in the cockpits are now in Zulu time and not local time..once again fix to better seem how it would be in the real world or flaw?Thanks for any input.

>A few items that I've notice while using FSX and I'm just not>sure if they are fixes to make the sim more real like or flaws>that do not.>>1) While flying the Lear Jet I notice the sound of the engines>spooling up on take off but when you are cruising and say back>the throttles to idle the engine noise still sound like you>are appling full throttle. (I have engine noise while flying>the lear at 15%) Does this seem right or is it just me?I cranked up the speakers, and there is a difference.>2) Seems to take a long time to bleed of the airspeed in the>aircraft in FSX..is it just me or is this an>improvement/change that is more accruate or opposite?I'd have to check real world data to determine whether I'd need to start reducing speed 100 miles out, 40 miles out, or whatever, then compare. Some aircraft are much more slippery than others. For instance, I've flown a small single engine slippery aircraft that can require a good 10 miles to loose airspeed to get into the pattern. Yet the same model with a constant speed prop, will easily charge into the pattern area, and then use the prop as a speed brake in low (forward) pitch. Flight simulations are not particually good at simulating the constant speed braking effect.>3) All clocks in the cockpits are now in Zulu time and not>local time..once again fix to better seem how it would be in>the real world or flaw?>I tend to look at the clock on my wall, and haen't noticed... :7 L.Adamson

Don't know how it is in the RW but I very much prefer having Zulu time in the cockpit. You'll like it too, when flying long distances. I can see where a person might not like it for a short flight.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just checked the Lear, and hitting the left hand button on the clock, will change from Zulu to local time. I also have the "local time for free flight" box checked in settings menu under "general".

>1) While flying the Lear Jet I notice the sound of the engines>spooling up on take off I think the new lear 45 sounds are pretty good. Mo betterthan fs9 verson I think. I like the buildup of wind noiseand turbine whine once you start hitting about 100 knots orso.. I have puter videos of real learjets taking off and landing, and it's pretty dang close. With my system, I'm running my soundcard out to a kenwoodaudio amp, and then to a set of big Advent speakers. Taking off in the lear 45 with the sound up loud is pretty dang cool.. On my box, you hear that wind and turbine noisebuild up, but you also "feel" the road rumble going down the runway.MK

Guest GA Flyer

Since this post I have gone and done some test flights with sound and I believe that unlike FS9 where if you leave the engine noise high (100%) the engines sound way to loud, in FSX at 100% they sound normal compared to environment sounds.All three items I mentioned are a questions of what do others think and not this is wrong or right. I do like the new sounds in the lear and in FS9 I have FShotseatFX to get the same effects(HotseatFX has more sound enhancments as well).I too have my sound going thru loud speakers and you do get the feel of the flight more.I didnt even know there is a local time setting within the sim and agree that a zulu clock is better displayed on long flights. I first noticed it in the Maule and tried pushing the buttons so change it to local but it didnt and when i was in other a/c noticed zulu as well so just figured they all displayed zulu and there was no way to change it to local.