Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mace

Donor
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mace

  1. I'm worse, I have done: BUY - LOAD ON APRON - STORE
  2. It looks like a cheap version of a Chrysler 300. Come on Jaguar.
  3. I really want to see the East U and West U cargo areas but anyway, based on what I see in the screenshots of the rest of the airport it looks promising. Who am I kidding I will get it. Gives me an excuse to take the A300-600 for a spin.
  4. Mace replied to Fielder's topic in Hangar Chat
    Heh. Probably drove to the store, too. And man, that's some dedication. He was fighting it (passing out) like a trooper. To be in that condition, he must have had some Night Train, chased with some MD 20/20 (maddog) and Old English 800 (O-E or 8-ball).
  5. I flew on an A340 back in 2005 when I went from ORD to FRA or FRA to ORD. Neat trip up over Greenland. I remember it being comfortable. I'm sure the A350-1000's will be really efficient by comparison.
  6. Southwest will need to change their callsign to "JUGS"
  7. Is the JF Tornado still going? I know they have had previews up and so forth, but I haven't heard much lately. The IFE Tornado is the GR version, correct? And I think the JustFlight will be the IDS? I thought I saw some purists (I mean that in a good way) saying that JF's cockpit was a hybrid of the IDS and ADV variants, although that was a long time ago when I saw that. In my case, I'm not knowledgeable enough to differentiate between a GR / IDS or ADV cockpit, but it would be nice to see them make an IDS cockpit with an IDS airplane.
  8. Your latter sentence is probably why it's a 2020 plane. At the time he started developing this aircraft, 2020 SDK was the only game in town. That long devtime is probably a good thing for us though! Usually when someone takes that long to do something, it's done right.
  9. You have the wrong Short though. The 330 is the beautiful one. Not the 360.
  10. Too bad you can't "uninstall" that solar farm!
  11. I hear you, same here. Is that a big solar farm right next to Amendoeira? Does it glare in your eyes when you fly by? I would think at certain times of day that would be really annoying, being right next to the airport.
  12. Nice route! I too flew from Kulusuk to Nuuk in Greenland. Although I was going the other direction, i.e. Nuuk to Kulusuk. I did a RTW in P3D circa 2019 using the A2A Cherokee. I crossed the Pac via Siberia / Anadyr / Provideniya to Nome. Shoulda crossed via the Aleutians. I will next time. As for present-day, we will pass each other soon. I am now flying the Blacksquare piston Duke down the west coast of South America. I'm in Guayaquil, Ecuador. My next leg is to Piura, Peru. So someone tell me what the difference between "Wunderbar" and "Wunderbach" is. I'm from the U.S., but I have been to Germany (Trier, Mosel area, and Jena & Leipzig in the east) and I know a little German, but want to learn about the difference between those 2 words. Surely it's not like Ich Bin Ein Berliner, "I am a jelly donut".
  13. Dogs and cats, living together....mass hysteria.
  14. Could be compiling WASM stuff on the first load-up. I'd give it a few minutes and if it doesn't respond, I would uninstall/reinstall. I had to do that with the Taog Alouette III recently. After the second install it only took a few seconds for the WASM compile. At least I think it's a WASM compile it's doing there.
  15. I use an add-on called REX Atmos to help with that problem (adds the "haze" in). We shouldn't have to be using an add-on for something as basic as humidity/haze/visibility, but, then, that's another topic...
  16. Was only able to watch the first 6 minutes so far. I think we're vain to posit that physics presents a ceiling only (to quote the vid) "...a little bit higher than where we are now". I think we don't know what we don't know, as of now. Or to quote Donald Rumsfeld, there are known knowns and known unknowns. Or something like that. heh. Of course, then again, in another 10 years my 7800X3D might be ruling the planet.
  17. So how pending is the pending A2A Lancair Legacy? I know it was delayed but I couldn't remember if it's release window was, a) undefined, b) Q3 2026, c) Q4 2026.
  18. The virtual checkride thing might be kind of neat. It's a cool idea.
  19. Mace replied to TuFun's topic in Hangar Chat
    I try to be as un-interesting as possible online / social media etc. That way, I figure they won't care about little ol' me.
  20. Captain Steeve (ex-Navy and commercial pilot with a YT channel) counted Eleven (11) missed mandatory go-arounds on that approach.
  21. Wasn't the M600 handed off to Asobo, and they finished development? FSR did state that the "floater version" would be a free update. I get it, costs etc. etc. as work was done, but still...probably bad idea to say it's gonna be free and then not do that.
  22. It will be interesting to hear the cockpit voice recording, as to whether a go-around was discussed, or if they mentioned a tailwind, etc.
  23. I know you never watched "V" 40 years ago. But I did. Yum yum!
  24. In addition to that....I believe the manual says if you pull back on the yoke during rollout (to reduce loading on the front wheel) it can help mitigate the shimmy somewhat.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.