Sign in to follow this  
jwatt0275

PTT button conflict with flight controlls

Hello,

I seem to have a conflict with my PTT button and my flight controls

I have the honeycomb Alpha flight control and Bravo throttle quadrant.

On setup i select a button to speak to other people such as mechanic or flight attendantI, chosen button 1 as that didnt work chose button 8, soon as Press the button I hear a high pitch noice (it goes when I release the button) but no responce

I then go on the ATC option and try and change the button but it just keeps flashing number either 31 or 32 (i think) then MCE crashes

also when I press the end key or home key it makes the high pitch buzzing noise and no response from the mechanic..I changed the key BINDING in the keyboard control settings of MSFS and the ESC key in PF3 because everytime Clive contacted tower I hear the high buzz noise and it went to the options menu on MSFS.

Not sure if anyone else is having this conflict

Cheers

Jamie

7 hours ago, jwatt0275 said:

Hello,

I seem to have a conflict with my PTT button and my flight controls

I have the honeycomb Alpha flight control and Bravo throttle quadrant.

On setup i select a button to speak to other people such as mechanic or flight attendantI, chosen button 1 as that didnt work chose button 8, soon as Press the button I hear a high pitch noice (it goes when I release the button) but no responce

I then go on the ATC option and try and change the button but it just keeps flashing number either 31 or 32 (i think) then MCE crashes

also when I press the end key or home key it makes the high pitch buzzing noise and no response from the mechanic..I changed the key BINDING in the keyboard control settings of MSFS and the ESC key in PF3 because everytime Clive contacted tower I hear the high buzz noise and it went to the options menu on MSFS.

Not sure if anyone else is having this conflict

Cheers

Jamie

You don't need to press any button in order to talk to Mechanic, purser or FO

PTT is exclusively for ATC communication and using ATC jargon.

When you hold PTT down, MCE suspends all speech commands for crew interaction and enables ATC related commands (humming sound is an indication MCE is in ATC mode)

When you release it, all ATC speech related commands are disabled and those for crew interaction are restored.

Edited by FS++
typos

Thanks again, will give it a go in the morning, all this time was thinking it was an error. Its just the buzzing noise to me sounded like an error, it makes sense now when clive was talking to ATC was hearing the noise.