Sign in to follow this  
Phbardyn

invalid Licence after reinstall (resolved)

I have reinstalled my RXP GTN750 after have making some reinstall of Xplane.  Everything starts smooth but my licence file seems to be incorrect : At start of the GTN it says invalid licence and after a few minutes flying its says also invalid licence.

Where do I do to open a ticket, the install system of F1 is quiet cumbersome and I was not successfull to find my original .lic files...

thanks

Edited by RXP

This is the support forum for RealityXP products.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/767-the-realityxp-support-forum/

Did you install the GTN/Trainer by use of a new wrapper. If not, uninstall and redo as follows... 

-------------------------------------

Uninstall GTN and trainer

Windows, Control Panel, Programs and Features...scroll down and find the "RealityXP Garmin GTN (X-Plane)" entry, right click and uninstall. While there, find the "Trainer"  and right click, uninstall as well.

Carry on with the reinstall of the GTN and trainer via the F1 wrapper.
-------------------------------------
Reinstall

http://reality-xp.com/index.html#tabs     use "<" or ">" to toggle between GTN and GNS products

Click "Download E-Commerce Installer" button and download the "rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe" into your downloads folder.

Launch the "rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe" and an initial app page will load. Do the internet connectivity to server test. When done a new app tab will appear.

"This Computer" selection is selected...hit "continue" button.

A product info screen appears about the trainer download...hit "OK" button.

The information app tab appears and is prefilled with your information, just click the "Click Here to Reinstall" button and install the software.

Rule of thumb...Initial download to the "Downloads" folder. Read before you click. When asked for location of X-Plane 11 folder...use the browse feature and direct it to the folder X-Plane 11  (usually on the desktop)
------------------------------------
Notes...

When you login at Flight1, all your info is there, including keys

Once in awhile a false positive will be triggered by a RXP dll. Might as well whitelist it and it can be handy to put an "exclusion", from virus program scanning, for this folder     C:\ProgramData\Reality XP     where the dll's are kept.

--------------------------------------------
If you still have a problem with the software, please look the content of the RXP log files first. It often contains information sufficient enough for you to figuring out the problem or for searching online, and if not, it always contains information sufficient for us starting to help you. Copy and paste the text of the GTN logfiles into a post.

GTN logfiles     Page 23 0f 25 in Reality XP GTN User's Manual (XPlane)
...\My Documents\rxpGTN.xpl.log
...\My Documents\rxpGtnSim.dll.log 

• Like 1

Thanks but I followed exactly the wrapper installation procedure like described.  The program is fully functioning let me thing the procedure applied correctly ...

Only at startup I receive : Invalid Licence Contact Vendor

Be aware that the "Key files" are not be found on the flight1 new web site...

By the way the log files are quiet normal  and does not display error messagge... it's only a question of registration ... I don't have a clue on how to regenerate the keys ( and again the flight1 site only shows the order number and a flight1 certificate id )

21/02/16 10:58:05.549 11404 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.28.2
21/02/16 10:58:05.549 11404 INFO ]
21/02/16 10:58:08.115 11404 INFO ] using: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Drivers\PFC\PFCHidReports64.dll

21/02/16 10:58:07.349 11404 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.28.0
21/02/16 10:58:07.349 11404 INFO ]
21/02/16 10:58:25.686 11404 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6624
21/02/16 11:02:47.866 11404 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6624

Edited by Phbardyn

Hi,

did you by any chance moved the C:\RealityXP folder or its content?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

No it's in c:\RealityXP .. but only one file : the rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.exe.. no lic file

No it's in c:\RealityXP .. but only one file : the rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.exe.. no lic file

No I have read on the forum the MSFT antivirus exclusions... What t.f. A false positive ! I'm trying now that my installation delivered a .lic file

14 minutes ago, Phbardyn said:

I'm trying now that my installation delivered a .lic file

This was most likely the problem. Please keep us posted.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Jean Luc

Problem solved. It was indeed the windows 10 antivirus that remove the lic. file... Everything works fine now ! What a dream in VR !

Thanks for your support

• Like 1