Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Unable to manually start Lear 45 engines

Guest cuyler

Hi all.I have been trying to manually start the Lear 45 engines from a cold dark cockpit. However, only ctrl-e will work. First I go the the electrical panel and turn on the battry switch to have battery power.Then I turn on both generators, though it makes no difference if they are on or off. Next I go to the fuel panel. I turn on the ignitor for the left engine. Then I press the start engine button. Makes no difference if I hold the button until engines spool up or not. Engines will only spool to about 8.4, then start shutting down.After dropping to about 7.8 they try to spool back up. This continually repeats. The engines never "catch."Haven't tried with other jets yet.Anyone have any ideas?Thanks in advance.Cuyler~

Guest cuyler

Sorry, that didn't work. Neither does Jet Starter ("J".)Thanks, though.Cuyler~

Switch to the default Cessna and make sure you have the batt and avionics switches on.Switch back to the Lear, shut it down, and try starting it up again, that should fix your problem.