Sign in to follow this  
PSSDash8

Erick Cantu 737-200 low nose

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that Erick Cantu’s 737-200 has a low nose while parked on the tarmac. Is this the way 737-200’s are supposed to sit while on the ground? The aircraft appears to be slanted downhill towards the nose gear. I don’t know if this is an error in the static pitch entry in the aircraft config file or what? I like Cantu’s aircraft but this leaning on the nose gear is frustrating. Hope someone responds with more info on this.

PSS Dash 8

Is there anything strange to be seen in external view ? E.g. Nose wheel sunk into the ground ?

Do you have a downloaded file name and a source so that I can download it myself to test your problem.

Regards

Hans

The nosewheel does not appear to be sunk in the ground. The aircraft I am using is by Erick Cantu. I downloaded it from Flightsim.com. The file name is N246US.zip. I found that by tweaking the landing gear contact points, both nose and main gears that the aircraft now sits more level on the ground. I don’t know if Erick Cantu intended the plane to sit the way it does from the download, but I am much happier now that I have completed my tweaks. Thank you for responding. Let me know what you think of the plane after you download it and install into your sim. 

Best regards,

PSS Dash 8

PSSW Dash 8,

I already had the problem free model and a number of paints for your (problem) B737-200 in my FS9 setup, so I only needed to add your new (test) paint to be able to see if I could somehow reproduce your problem. However, everything looked great and without the problem(s) you mention.

Here are my existing contact points anyway though:

[contact_points]

point.0=1,1,38.0,0.0,-7.15,1574.8,0,2.216,70.0,0.22,4.1,0.639,6.1,6.3,0,180,250

point.1=1,-1.75,-10.0,-8.35,1574.8,1,3.371,0.0,0.55,2.5,0.639,6.3,6.7,2,180,250

point.2=1,-1.75,10.0,-8.35,1574.8,2,3.371,0.0,0.55,2.5,0.639,6.2,6.6,3,180,250

static_pitch=-1.2

static_cg_height=7.8

gear_system_type=0

I do not use or have any scrape points because I prefer to fly, instead of seeing destructive explosions/fire etc, as the result of which aircraft parts hit the ground first during crashes. I have also removed all unnecessary zeros behind the above decimal points.

Hope this helps and happy landings.

Hans

P.S. I assume you have tried the combinations Shift - Enter and/or Shift - Backspace for increasing/lowering your pilot's seat.

I tried your contact points and the aircraft nose dived into the ground. I don’t know what happened. I copied and pasted your 0, 1, and 2 contact points into the Erick Cantu 737-200 model and it just didn’t work. It’s ok though. I tweaked the settings to the point where the aircraft sits level on the ground and it flies very nicely. Thank you for responding. 

Happy Flying

PSS Dash 8

The only thing I can think of now is that you are using a different AIR file to the one I'm using for my own B737-200.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear that you have managed to solve your problem yourself.

Regards

Hans