Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Parking locations off

Hi

I was at KGPI (Orbx) last night and was trying out LNMap.

I zoomed in and selected a parking spot close to the active runway.

After selecting the parking spot in V5, I noticed that on the LNM screen, the ac was quite a distance from the spot selected in the V5 drop down list.  What causes this?

Also, after I select an airport, LNM will only stay zoomed in for about 15 seconds and then return to the default world view. How do I keep it focused on the selected airport?

Thanks,

Mark

17 minutes ago, newtie said:

Also, after I select an airport, LNM will only stay zoomed in for about 15 seconds and then return to the default world view. How do I keep it focused on the selected airport?

1) I'm not sure but I guess you've probably got switched on one of center map options  ("Center flight plan on map"/ "Center simulator aircraft on map"/..etc).
They all have to be switched off to prevent automatically zoom out.

2) Have you synchronized your LNM Scenery Library to get layout from Orbx addon?
I'm not Windows user so I cant check whether reload Scenery Library is enough to collect scenery data from external addon like Orbx, but I'm sure Alex will know the answer 😄

Regards,
Piotr

The only thing I have checked is center aircraft and I wouldn't think that would be sufficient to force the map into a world view.

Also, checking the 'Load Scenery Library' the path is correct to the scenery.cfg which contains none of the Orbx entries. They are found in add-ons.cfg (ProgramData)

I'm wondering if this might be the problem.

4 hours ago, newtie said:

Also, checking the 'Load Scenery Library' the path is correct to the scenery.cfg which contains none of the Orbx entries. They are found in add-ons.cfg (ProgramData)

I'm wondering if this might be the problem.

No. LNM reads all add-on.xml, add-ons.cfg and whatever files that are placed in the various known folders and a few more methods to place scenery in P3D. If something is wrong I need more information like the add-ons.cfg and probably more files.

About aircraft centering:
Default is to keep aircraft and next flight plan waypoint on the screen once one leg is active (magenta). You can move around the map manually but LNM jumps back to aircraft and waypoint after a while. All this is configurable in options on page "Simulator Aircraft":
https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/OPTIONS.html#simulator-aircraft-icon-simulator-aircraft
You can also revert to simple aircraft centering, for example. The default values might be confusing first but they are like that to reduce the need for manual zooming.

Alex

• Like 1

Thanks for this. Reading the manual has helped a lot.

Who da thunk it :>)

Cheers,

Mark