Sign in to follow this  
frankormd

The 430 does not appear within the bezel

I am very disappointed that there is no company support where it is possible to get direct support if the forums can't help. My GNS 430W has never worked properly in X-Plane 11. When X plane it boots up, there are two 430W that appear. The original one from X-plane and only the screen of the RXP 430. The controls affect only the RXP but the RXP does not appear within the bezel, but separately. I cannot slave the rxp to my primary VOR. I use the program to practice for real life IFR and it is useless like this. I have tried reinstalling everything but it still does not work. Would be nice to have an actual tech support person to talk with. Thanks. 

Hi,

I'd say it is disappointing to me you're assuming the official Reality XP Support Forum would be less effective helping you. Let me try to assist nonetheless!

It looks like the software is working properly but it is just wrongly configured for your aircraft.

First and foremost, what aircraft are you using and how did you manage to configure the RXP GNS V2 on it? Was it a user mod? Did you do it manually? etc...

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I saw this first post and started to type a response before RXP made it here...my timing sucks some times....

I'll post this to help get the data we need...and I hate to have all the typing go to waste...j/k

---------

Hello frankormd

This is the support forum for RealityXP products. He can be busy at times but will get around to your issue.

I have the GNS products installed in several freeware/payware aircraft and once set up, the avionics work well. Generally limiting factors are the data input capabilities of the instruments you are driving, incorrect ini settings or even planemaker options.

The information that you have given is a bit vague but may end up being ini settings. 

Just to make sure, we will need some basic information, if you are willing, to allow us to have a better picture and therefore cut down on the number of posts to get your installation up and running. Could you answer the following questions please...

1] Windows version ie 7, 10,..
2] X-Plane 11 ?
3] Aircraft make/model  To determine out of box support for GNS430 or a "screen real estate aquisition" for panel display. The popup/popout will work on most aircraft. 
4] In your post, you mention 2 displays of the 430. Is the aircraft panel version the default x430 screen data. Is the other non bezel window displaying RealityXP GNS data and can you browse through different menue options with the panel control. If so, it may be a panel co-ordinate issue that we can fix.

will need 2 types of support data...

5] Please "copy and paste" the contents of your RXP GNS log files into your next post in this topic. This will allow us to have better insight into what may be happening with your installation...

GNS Log files  Page 22 0f 26 in Reality XP GNS V2 User's Manual (XPlane)
...\My Documents\rxpGNS2.xpl.log       [plugin log file]
...\My Documents\rxpGnsSim.dll.log    [GNS sim log file]

Reality XP GNS V2 User's Manual (X-Plane).pdf  (from the product installation)
C:\ Program Files (x86)\reality XP\GNS Simulations\XPlane\

6] This will be important. Please go into the main folder of the aircraft you are using with this issue. 
   Copy and paste the RealityXP.GNS.ini file, from the aircraft folder to your desktop. Rename the desktop file extension from .ini to .txt. We may be using this later.
   Open and Copy the text inside the RealityXP.GNS.txt. Paste the text into a "spoiler" [eyeball option] of your next post in this forum...keeps large file data hidden until spoiler is opened for viewing.

I have a hunch that the ini settings for bezel are false as well as having the wrong co-ordinates for panel placement...the above data will determine...Thanx

• Like 1

Sorry, I meant no insult but as an older guy I get frustrated when there is no number to call. I assumed that no one from the company was on here. The plane is a Cessna 172 on X-Plane 11, and I simply ordered the GNS 430W from RXP and installed it. I'm not a gamer so I am unfamiliar with these things. Is there a way to send a picture to this forum from my I-phone? 

First and foremost, what aircraft are you using and how did you manage to configure the RXP GNS V2 on it? Was it a user mod? Did you do it manually? etc.

Cessna 172 on X-Plane 11. Just downloaded the RXP 430W and installed it. 

1] Windows version ie 7, 10,.. Version 10
2] X-Plane 11 ? Yes
3] Aircraft make/model  To determine out of box support for GNS430 or a "screen real estate aquisition" for panel display. The popup/popout will work on most aircraft. 
4] In your post, you mention 2 displays of the 430. Is the aircraft panel version the default x430 screen data. Yes

Is the other non bezel window displaying RealityXP GNS data (yes) and can you browse through different menue options with the panel control. Yes. If so, it may be a panel co-ordinate issue that we can fix.

will need 2 types of support data...

5] Please "copy and paste" the contents of your RXP GNS log files into your next post in this topic. This will allow us to have better insight into what may be happening with your installation...Where do I find these? 

I am reviewing the rest of your response. Thanks. 

GNS Log files  Page 22 0f 26 in Reality XP GNS V2 User's Manual (XPlane)
...\My Documents\rxpGNS2.xpl.log       [plugin log file]
...\My Documents\rxpGnsSim.dll.log    [GNS sim log file]

Reality XP GNS V2 User's Manual (X-Plane).pdf  (from the product installation)
C:\ Program Files (x86)\reality XP\GNS Simulations\XPlane\

6] This will be important. Please go into the main folder of the aircraft you are using with this issue. 
   Copy and paste the RealityXP.GNS.ini file, from the aircraft folder to your desktop. Rename the desktop file extension from .ini to .txt. We may be using this later.
   Open and Copy the text inside the RealityXP.GNS.txt. Paste the text into a "spoiler" [eyeball option] of your next post in this forum...keeps large file data hidden until spoiler is opened for viewing.

I have a hunch that the ini settings for bezel are false as well as having the wrong co-ordinates for panel placement...the above data will determine...Thanx

PROBLEM SOLVED!  I deleted X-Plane and RXP then reinstalled and it is working properly. Thanks to athose who answered. 

Question. The RXP is not up to date on approaches. For instance, KSPB does not have the RNAV and the hold is different from the approach plates. Is there an update to the databases? 

Thanks

I'm glad you've sorted this out but reinstalling everything is quite a drastic measure.

As for the DBs, I'd suggest you start with the recommended posts in the dedicated discussion here:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)