Sign in to follow this  
Lestat11

Advancing Way Points

i have just done a flight in to EGUN ILS runway 29 with the tusme transition on the chart and p2a there is a loop to do first sorry dont know the proper term as fs2020 do not automatically do this loop and just cuts it out  p2a did not advance the way point and on advising i was on approach to the ils i was told frequency change approved and report field in site on the p2a way points i was further away from the airport than i actually was

is there a way for me to tell p2a to advance to the next way point?

on a side note where can i host a picture to add on the forums have tried one drive and google drive both are rejected with the insert image from url button 

The loop is a holding pattern.  In this case, you enter the holding pattern and if cleared for the approach, just fly it once to get aligned on final.  

Not sure what happened, but being told "frequency change approved" shouldn't happen at a controlled airport, unless you cancel IFR.  

The display of the current waypoint will not normally affect ATC.  Usually, pressing the "Validate" button will get it back in sync, but flying a holding pattern almost always messes it up.  The plane's autopilot should be able to fly it, but in this case, MSFS didn't have it, so you would have had to fly it manually or use the heading setting on the autopilot to fly it.

Dave