Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

VC Reflections

There is a post from mid Nov with the last comment on 12/3 which had files that could be used to get rid of the terrible reflection in the vc cockpit. Those are nolonger available to download on the forum. Would someone put them back up or tell me how to get them or a solution to the reflection problem. I fly the Baron 58. I am not a programer, I just fly, but I have to get them off. Thanks.Lynn

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Here is my previous post -it looks involved but takes about 45 secs to do. In your case the file will be: Beech_Baron_58_relection.dds"I have posted some new instructions at the original thread that some people may have missed. This change relates to the color used for the rectangle being black rather than green/blue that fixes a problem of a green window tint at night.Reducing the Aircraft Window ReflectionsNew Instructions:To reduce the reflections in the cockpit windows to any intensity follow the procedure below for the particular aircraft reflection texture file (SimObjects ->Airplanes ->aircraft name -> Texture) Using the C208b Caravan reflection file as an example:1. Find the file: C208b_reflection.dds in the Caravan aircraft texture folder. Save a copy as C208b_reflection_bak.dds in the Texture folder.2. Open this backup file with Martin Wright

I will try it. Thank you very much for your help. Have a very Merry ChristmasLynn

Guest chinga

I did all the aircraft files using the wizards procedure and have uploaded them to the avsim library.I totally forgot to list him in the credits...so i'll do it here.These files would not be available if it were not for the Wizard of Oz's excellent tutorial on how to do this. Thank you!!!

Guest david W.

Ok, I give up. Where exactly are they in the Avsim File library? Any clues such as which Catergory, File name, Description, Author etcThanks in advance and thank you for making these files available. I really do need the Lear45 fixed - I get a lot of reflections with it.

Guest chinga

This is the info i got from Avsim after i uploaded it.UploadID: 202877Name: FSX reflectionless cockpit texturesSize: 10 kbThe lear and the airbus share the same file so dont be confused when you dont see a "lear" file....use the a321_reflection.dds file

Guest david W.

Many thanksNow found the file: fsx_aircraft_reflection_files.zipIt works like a dream in the Lear. (The reflections in the Lear were ok with my old graphics card. When I upgraded to a new graphics card, I got excessive bands of cockpit reflections in the Lear. This fixes it.)regardsDavid W.

Guest AOA

HiJust want to thank you guys for the file and it looks good with the mooney.Happy holidaysPete

Guest chinga

Glad to see everything is ok for you guys. If you have any problems or find something wrong..please let me know. erschinga@comcast.net

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Decrease Window Reflections using the free Photoplus6 (http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/PhotoPlus/)Instructions:To reduce the reflections in the cockpit windows to any intensity follow the procedure below for the particular aircraft reflection texture file [simObjects ->Airplanes ->{aircraft name} -> Texture]. Using the Beech Baron reflection file as an example:1. Find the file: Beech_Baron_58_reflection.dds in the Beech Baron aircraft texture folder. Save a copy as Beech_Baron_58_reflection_bak.dds in the Texture folder.2. Start Martin Wright

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Sorry, force of habit - replace "Photshop 6" with "Photoplus 6" in step 5 and 9

Thank you so much to the Wizard of Oz for all that he taught me and to John Standard for using the Wizards tutorial on all the default aircraft and posting them on AVISIM for others to use. Merry Christmas to all. Thanks again.Sincerely,Lynn

Wizard, thanks very much for this. Did as you suggested for the Maule and the 737 and really like the results. I used Image Tool that came in the Deluxe SDK, converted to 32 bit, saved as targa file and loaded that into PSP. Then added layer of 0,0,0 and set to 50% (wild first guess), flatened and saved. Back into Image Tool and convert to DXT1, create Mip Maps and saved as .dds file.Loaded up and checked in day, dusk, and night and it is perfect!Let me add my thanks for this good tip. The default inside reflections just seemed a wee bit much.:-lolPhill

Many thanks for uploading your no relections file. Just downloaded it and will try it later.