Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Baker

QW 787 EFB Performance Question

Hi all,

I have the QW787 v1.4 installed and have a question about performance.

Everything seems to work properly when I enter all the data needed for a derate on the performance page of the EFB, but it only ever allows the "optimal" option on the calculation.  That is to say; if the optimal derate is TO1, and I change the setting to TO to check those numbers, it continues to display the TO1 derate (after I hit calc again)

Am I doing something wrong?  How do I force it to check another derate?  Is anyone else seeing this?

Appreciate any help,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Yes you're correct I'm seeing this too, changing either the trust or flap in the EFB doesn't change the solution section at the bottom of the EFB after pressing calc, however I am seeing the V speeds change on the solution.

Likewise the send output to FMC does carry across the new thrust , flap setting and speeds  to the FMC.

From my little experience on the real type I'd say this isn't  100% correctly modelled here in the QW EFB, as one of the procedures is to check that the TPR and thrust rating displayed on the EICAS engine display is the same as that on the EFB solution.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.